Headphone Recommendations Please.

A question I am pondering. New Headphones, I require them for listening to my HiFi in the Living Room when the wife and daughter are watching TV, so probably need to be noise canceling, wired and great sound for my LP's etc. This is a future purchase so not in any hurry. Many Thanks in advance.

Some closed back headphones are nearly as good at blocking noise as noise cancelling ones. I've never owned a pair of the latter but worth checking how effective they are at blocking the sort of noise you will need them for.  I read years ago they work best with things like throbbing aircraft engine noises but they may have improved a lot since then!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm not sure I would want active noise cancelling. I use my closed headphones (probably semi-closed, depending on who you listen to) and my girlfriend seems to think they keep the noise in sufficiently. They certainly keep noise out sufficiently  for me.

I use both closed and open back ....in a lounge situation then closed back would suit you better , i use beyerdynamic 770 pro 80 ohm .......really nice phones and not mega expensive .........so enjoy your search.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why the laughing smiley m7rso? :S

I have some Sennheiser HDR 170 wireless closed back headphones for listening around the house. They do not leak any sound. They are great because you can wander around even in the garden and listen to music. I believe that they have been replaced by a newer model RS 175-U

https://en-uk.sennheiser.com/rs-175

I must admit I've been really impressed with them

Edited by AntA

Decided on the Beyerdynamic 770.

• Like 1

Arrived today:

iSfZvKy.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 20/01/2021 at 13:32, Sgt Pepper said:

Arrived today:

iSfZvKy.jpg

Nice. They are great fun, and great value. And v comfortable, ime...

• Like 1

Purchased mine from here:

https://www.bopdj.com

• Like 1
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.