Farewell to an old and dear friend

Really nice bloke, reminded me of my dad. My condolences to his loved ones.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but after a long battle with illness we lost one of our own last night.  Fly high Colin (dudywoxer), you will be missed 

Hi, this is Jim (Col's eldest) thanks for all the lovely comments about Dad. His funeral will take place on Friday 5th Feb at Woodlands Crematorium, Scunthorpe at 2:40pm. Due to covid restrictions

Lovely words Rob, my sentiments entirely. This thread is full of some very deserving tributes to a truly good man and friend. A kind and modest man as @JamPal mentioned. How very true. After

Sad news indeed, Colin was a true gentleman and a fine human being.

We had a little two and frowing with cartridges many years ago as both is us had an inkling for change.

He'll be missed by us all, please pass on my deepest condolences to his family.

• Like 4

Very sad to hear about Colin who was a very generous person indeed. Not long after I joined the Wam he just lent me, a complete stranger, a Denon cartridge to try out on my new TT to see if I liked it.  Always appreciated his advice.

RIP

• Like 3

Hi, this is Jim (Col's eldest) thanks for all the lovely comments about Dad.

His funeral will take place on Friday 5th Feb at Woodlands Crematorium, Scunthorpe at 2:40pm. Due to covid restrictions this will obviously be limited numbers, as such there will be a web cast of the service, should any of you wish to join us celebrating Dad's life through the web cast, then please feel free to drop me an email at wilsonjr81@icloud.com and I will send you the link when we have it.

Thanks again 

Jim 

• Like 15

Thank you for posting this Jim at what must be a very difficult time for you all.

Colin was a great chap and friend, I admired his quick wit, straight talking and kindness.

I will miss him greatly, but feel honoured to have known him 

Best wishes

Rob. (freefallrob).

• Like 7

Lovely words Rob, my sentiments entirely. This thread is full of some very deserving tributes to a truly good man and friend.

A kind and modest man as @JamPal mentioned. How very true.

After learning of his illness, Colin didn't tell anyone. He didn't want the fuss, and l expect didn't want to be treated differently as a result. He was in high spirits the last few times we spoke and we were planning the first meet up post lockdown for a catch up with friends (basically a night of tunes and quality piss take 😁) but it was not to be.

I'm sure it's safe to say we will all miss the old sod, none more so than the local usual suspects that have enjoyed his company and friendship over the years.

All my love and best wishes to his family he left too soon.

God bless.

• Like 11

Hi, 

Its Jim again, just wanted to say thanks for all the kind messages and e-mails etc, Mums aware of them all and how fondly you remember Col/Dad. She was always happy to host the bake offs at their home.

Please raise a glass and play your favourite tracks (loud) in his memory later 

Thanks 

Jim and family x 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Ah this is so sad. Colin emailed me a few years back wanting to know my address as he wanted to lend me a cartridge or two, as I posted here about upgrading my rega. So a few days later they arrived and it turns out I bought one after his loan. 

It was such a brave and kind thing to do to an internet stranger living in a different country.

After that, colin was a man I had a lot of respect for and enjoyed his posts. 

RIP 

Edited by meridian man
  • Like 2

So sad. Sincere condolences to his family and friends, and all the guys who personally knew him on this forum.

R.I.P. Colin.