Bluetooth Headphone Recommendations

Since getting a Bluetooth Tx to work on my amp for headphones I would like some recommendations
for a pair of Bluetooth Headphones, budget £100 to £200.

Thanks

In ear buds or on/over ear with headbands. I might be selling a pair of Flares Audio Pro if it's the former, they really are good and have a separate clip on balanced DAC/amp and a cable extension to go wired when you want. The sound quality really is as good as all the reviews say.

47 minutes ago, Cas said:

Since getting a Bluetooth Tx to work on my amp for headphones I would like some recommendations

Thanks

What are the Bluetooth specs of the transmitter? SBC, AAC, APTX, APTX HD etc.

2 hours ago, peter312 said:

What are the Bluetooth specs of the transmitter? SBC, AAC, APTX, APTX HD etc.

It's a Taotronics TT BA07 2 in 1 adapter, from what I have found out it uses APTX Low Latency.

Edited by Cas
2 hours ago, Lawrence001 said:

In ear buds or on/over ear with headbands. I might be selling a pair of Flares Audio Pro if it's the former, they really are good and have a separate clip on balanced DAC/amp and a cable extension to go wired when you want. The sound quality really is as good as all the reviews say.

Thanks for the offer but I did say Headphones not in-ear headphones and would really prefer headphones.

The following link lists the APTX LL headphones available: https://www.aptx.com/product-listing?product_category=7&aptx_type=3

i have no idea if that list is exhaustive. From those shown, you could consider the Sennheiser HD450BT. You can currently pick them up for £100 from the Sennheiser outlet. The HD458 s were recently available for £99 from Currys and John Lewis.

The Panasonic RP-HD305B seem to be c. £95 on Amazon.

Other makes are available :)

Edited by peter312
29 minutes ago, peter312 said:

The following link lists the APTX LL headphones available: https://www.aptx.com/product-listing?product_category=7&aptx_type=3

i have no idea if that list is exhaustive. From those shown, you could consider the Sennheiser HD450BT. You can currently pick them up for £100 from the Sennheiser outlet. The HD458 s were recently available for £99 from Currys and John Lewis.

The Panasonic RP-HD305B seem to be c. £95 on Amazon.

Other makes are available :)

Thanks for all that certainly lots to mull over :)

1 hour ago, Cas said:

Thanks for the offer but I did say Headphones not in-ear headphones and would really prefer headphones.

Ok no worries good luck with the search

• 2 weeks later...

Sony. WH1000-xm3.  Top of your budget but i wouldn't audition anything else.  That was easy. Both my sons have bought them for themselves and one has been blessed with golden ears.

• 4 weeks later...

Please remove.

Edited by Cas
On 02/02/2021 at 19:38, m7rso said:

Sony. WH1000-xm3.  Top of your budget but i wouldn't audition anything else.  That was easy. Both my sons have bought them for themselves and one has been blessed with golden ears.

Thanks for that.

I have a pair of these Nuraphones and they work well for me.  A bit over your budget but they are very capable and good sounding headphones IMO.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/audio-and-headphones/headphones/headphones/nuraphone-wireless-bluetooth-noise-cancelling-headphones-black-10190013-pdt.html

1 minute ago, chrisph said:

I have a pair of these Nuraphones and they work well for me.  A bit over your budget but they are very capable and good sounding headphones IMO.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/audio-and-headphones/headphones/headphones/nuraphone-wireless-bluetooth-noise-cancelling-headphones-black-10190013-pdt.html

Thank you.

On 24/01/2021 at 17:29, Cas said:

Thanks

Hi Chris,

Hope you are keeping well.

Last year I bought a pair of AKG N60NC headphones. Outside of Sennheiser I quite like AKGs. I was experimenting with Bluetooth and Noise Cancelling at the time. I haven't listened to them for a while but I enjoyed them - bottom end of your budget. I will see if I can dig them out and re-listen to give you a better idea - I am not currently listening via bluetooth. 
Cheers
Dave

ps I have just retrieved them and they are on charge -  and one thing I now recall is that I found the controls on the right ear cup are a bit weird and fiddly and took a bit of getting used to. Not a show-stopper though.

Edited by livingid
update
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.