Upgrade: Akurate Radikal to Klimax Radikal

Judging by how much of the original ingot is milled away, there must be some scope for having the swarf recycled for their own use…

’troll

2 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

Judging by how much of the original ingot is milled away, there must be some scope for having the swarf recycled for their own use…

’troll

They have, but try to melt, form and mill it. It takes quite some energy and expertise on a larger scale to be economical. 

18 hours ago, akamatsu said:

Now comes the logistical gymnastics of getting to Seattle.

@akamatsu

I studied in West Berlin from 1987 - before the fall of the Wall - so I know a bit about living within very narrow borders. But West Berlin was at least an "island" of some 100 square kilometers with more than 2 million inhabitants.
Compared to that, Point Roberts is very tiny and must be really constricting in times of Corona...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pennypacker said:

They have, but try to melt, form and mill it. It takes quite some energy and expertise on a larger scale to be economical. 

Sorry, I wasn’t suggesting they actually did it themselves…

What I was getting at, is that they’ve already paid for that material (and it’s not just “domestic” aluminium I imagine) so may have a call on it being “reused”

’troll

9 hours ago, Clavius said:

Or try buying say some Ultegra bicycle parts from Shimano - 72 weeks.

Ultegra? You are slumming it down at my level. I had you pegged as a Dura-Ace kind of guy. :D

44 minutes ago, akamatsu said:

Ultegra? You are slumming it down at my level. I had you pegged as a Dura-Ace kind of guy. :D

Di2 only here tbh.. Was going for humble, did not pull it off🙄

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Clavius said:

Di2 only here tbh.. Was going for humble, did not pull it off🙄

Di2? Now that's more like it! :D

2 hours ago, akamatsu said:

Di2? Now that's more like it! :D

Come on guys, we're Linn aficionados. We have passion and we have soul - surely it has to be Campagnolo :D.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Andyt916 said:

Come on guys, we're Linn aficionados. We have passion and we have soul - surely it has to be Campagnolo :D.

The power supply comes first in this type of hierarchy though!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Dasher said:

The power supply comes first in this type of hierarchy though!

As years and calories increase, all too sadly, yes! :D

• Like 1

@Clavius just heard from my dealer, who spoke to Linn this morning, that current lead time for new DSM orders is 14-16 weeks due to delays in Aluminium supply. 

‘troll

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

@Clavius just heard from my dealer, who spoke to Linn this morning, that current lead time for new DSM orders is 14-16 weeks due to delays in Aluminium supply. 

‘troll

Thanks for the update 'troll.  Hopefully those who ordered early are getting their delivery advisements soon.  Then we enter the shipping performance lottery...

4 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

‘troll

Wow, that's great. I actually double checked the months vs weeks issue before posting and was told months. Will have to check again!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Arrangements have been made. I will travel to Seattle on July 13 to pick up the Radikal. Ron the fettler won't be in the store as he will be out on holiday. I will return once the border opens to complete the motor swap.

My current favourite album is The Durutti Column, "Sex and Death" which I have been listening to on Qobuz. I ordered the LP on May 5. After multiple delays of the release, it will finally arrive today!

I'm more excited about getting the album than I am about getting the Radikal. :D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 09/07/2021 at 16:07, akamatsu said:

I'm more excited about getting the album................. :D

Know that feeling well!

• Like 1