Upgrade: Akurate Radikal to Klimax Radikal

On 05/08/2021 at 09:29, Moomintroll said:

As you should. Everyone should trust their own ears, but, not necessarily, anyone else’s.

’troll

I've had the opposite suggested to me many times. :D

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, akamatsu said:

I've had the opposite suggested to me many times. :D

On here it's much more common to stretch people's budgets rather than their ears!

On 01/08/2021 at 17:44, Daveyf said:

You are not saying that the Linn stock pc's are the best for their gear?? I was under the impression that was exactly what you were saying. This is not my experience. 

I am saying that without spending $1K or more per power cord I have not found many retail marketed aftermarket cables, which to my ear actually perform better in musical terms than the Linn supplied cables, with Linn equipment, in my own personal evaluations (in quite a few different setups I might add). I would save the $1k and purchase records, personally. 

Given the context of @ThomasOK's obviously well thought out (especially in my experience over here in 120v land) AC distribution for his HiFi system, I also would not be surprised that the same cables which exceed $1K in value which I have in fact preferred in certain applications/environments to the Linn supplied mains leads, could very likely sound worse, or in other words yield poorer performance compared to the stock cables (his own preference as it happens) given his attention to the entirety of his AC line, down to installing a 230v line.

That being said, if one did one's own due diligence I bet one could figure out who supplies the bulk wire many of these manufacturers are using and save loads of dough regardless, just have to figure out how to wire nut or solder a bulk supplier IEC inlet/outlet termination and call it good. 

On 03/08/2021 at 16:21, Daveyf said:

Thomas, hearing what cables can or cannot do is highly system dependent. That much is clear from the replies here.

I would agree with this, and there are many factors involved. Everyone's environment and system are different and who knows what sorts of things can pop up. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/07/2021 at 12:41, akamatsu said:

Well I'm definitely sold on the Klimax case, and anything else Klimax level. The Akurate stuff is starting to look rather "entry level" to me now.

Time to sell your Akubariks?

Hifi Centre has a pair of mint condition Klimax Exakt 350’s that have just been upgraded to Organik. with a full 5 year warranty, asking $39,000 USD

Edited by Paulssurround
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Paulssurround said:

Time to sell your Akubariks?

Keep them for surround duties?

More seriously, I can’t see anyone being disappointed by the latest 350s.

”I have the simplest tastes. I am easily satisfied by the best” Oscar Wilde

’troll

Edited by Moomintroll
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Keep them for surround duties?

More seriously, I can’t see anyone being disappointed by the latest 350s.

”I have the simplest tastes. I am easily satisfied by the best” Oscar Wilde

’troll

Brilliant idea, as he could sell off his components in his movie room to help fund the 350’s and have an incredible movie and music experience.

‘The 350’s will bring a new level of sound quality that will add tremendously to music and movies.

Think of Marillion in a music concert in full surround

It seems like the next obvious step, and he has the room for them

• 3 weeks later...

It's been almost two months since I got the Klimax Radikal. I'm finding that I really have no interest in testing two Radikals. There just doesn't seem to be enough technical merit to proceed. There is no way I'm going to put the ARad back in my system.

• Like 3