Upgrade: Akurate Radikal to Klimax Radikal

58 minutes ago, arm said:

Ya, but it’s the 50th. Gotta do something big. A game changer . A 50th lp12.  

Oh there will be that! Remember the 40th anniversary edition LP12?

2 minutes ago, akamatsu said:

Oh there will be that! Remember the 40th anniversary edition LP12?

Exactly 

• Upvote 1

Let's hope that the 50th Anniversary release won't cost $50K like the 40th cost $40K here in the US! OTOH, i think those that ponied up the $40K -- really wish that they hadn't done that! Still if the next one is $50K---well good luck to Linn if they can get that:nerves:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Daveyf said:

Let's hope that the 50th Anniversary release won't cost $50K like the 40th cost $40K here in the US! OTOH, i think those that ponied up the $40K -- really wish that they hadn't done that! Still if the next one is $50K---well good luck to Linn if they can get that:nerves:

There were on 40 units of the 40th and they sold all of them. I think Linn should be able to sell 50 units when the time comes. 

I was there at the fortieth reveal and most of them were bought by China  there may be some now " second hand certainly " but they do use one at the factory for the Klimax dem room. :whistle:

37 minutes ago, uk030 said:

How about second hand prices? Are those 40 units sought after?

There doesn't appear to be, at least in the US.  I saw one on Audiogon last week that had never been assembled.  It was all new in the boxes including the bottle of whiskey.  The only box that had been opened was the one with the plinth so the owner could see the wood but he had never had it built and all the other cartons were sealed.  He was asking $25,000US for it.  It was listed January 5th and nobody has snapped it up yet.

• Upvote 1

The 40th LP12 definitely wasn't a game changer.  Linn did come out with the Kandid that year but it had already been for sale for six months when the special edition LP12 came out.  I almost said available, but it certainly wasn't very available back then.  Indeed one of the advantages of the 40th anniversary LP12 was that it meant you could actually get a Kandid instead of having to wait 11 months for one.  

5 minutes ago, Monkey Wrench said:

I can assure you they were not

Indeed there were many purchased by the China dealers at the birthday bash.

Common knowledge on the day.

I bought at least 27 or 28 of them. I must go to the cellar and count them ... 😜

10 minutes ago, Monkey Wrench said:

Ordered and purchased was two very different things.

Ordered is as good as spoken for until invoiced.
Ivor was chatting with me and mentioned he was very happy that the Far East had taken such interest in the deck especially with the whisky connection.
If something happened to change the situation then it's hearsay after the event.

But at the time availability was not clear.

12 minutes ago, Ben Webster said:

I bought at least 27 or 28 of them. I must go to the cellar and count them ... 😜

I think you would find 27 or 28 unused LP12s, and 27 or 28 empty whiskey bottles. :D

• Haha 1