Tintinabulum

WTD: Node 2/2i PSU Interface

Just seen one over on pfm!

Not sure about the 'PSU Interface' but just thought i'd mention it in case it was what you are looking for.

Edited by itskeith

Thanks, looking at the chat there now. There's mention of Teddy Pardo but they just sell the board with a PS, I'm just after the board and play with my own PSs, batteries etc.

Edited by Tintinabulum

Quick question, I have a 2i and would be interested in this upgrade. I bypass the dac in the 2i and use a topping d90 dac. Would it still be worth getting the upgraded power supply and would I notice a difference in sound quality?

4 hours ago, supapeet said:

Quick question, I have a 2i and would be interested in this upgrade. I bypass the dac in the 2i and use a topping d90 dac. Would it still be worth getting the upgraded power supply and would I notice a difference in sound quality?

Yes, absolutely. The power upgrade will make a huge difference. 

• Like 1

Super Wammer

There's a too long thread on this... search for "pimped" and that should do it. Don't read from the beginning, you'll lose the will to live... dive in towards the end.

• Like 1

Yes the LPSU does make a significant difference, IMO, even with an external DAC.

Is the D90 5V?

• Like 1

Thanks for the help. The D90 is a standard kettle power lead. Would that be 230 v?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

42 minutes ago, supapeet said:

Thanks for the help. The D90 is a standard kettle power lead. Would that be 230 v?

Does it not have a DC power input as well?

• Like 1

No just the kettle lead in the Topping D90 MQA. I have Tidal and stream Hi Fi at 19.99 a month. I have just started using the Tidal App on my iPad to go Tidal Connect into the Node rather than use the Node interface and then into the DAC and it sounds great.

I also use USB direct from the iPad into the DAC which isn’t as convenient but is an improvement in sound quality as some of the tracks are higher resolution going via USB and bypassing the Node

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer
2 hours ago, supapeet said:

No just the kettle lead in the Topping D90 MQA. I have Tidal and stream Hi Fi at 19.99 a month. I have just started using the Tidal App on my iPad to go Tidal Connect into the Node rather than use the Node interface and then into the DAC and it sounds great.

I also use USB direct from the iPad into the DAC which isn’t as convenient but is an improvement in sound quality as some of the tracks are higher resolution going via USB and bypassing the Node

That's a standard PSU and fine.

A linear PSU on your Node would be a great performance boost. Check ou the "pimped" thread. A card from Pawel or Fidelity and an Allo Shanti or SBooster 5v PSU would put a smile on your face.

This converation will fizzle out in the ads section so best to get yourself over to the "pimped" thread or start another.

11 hours ago, TheFlash said:

That's a standard PSU and fine.

A linear PSU on your Node would be a great performance boost. Check ou the "pimped" thread. A card from Pawel or Fidelity and an Allo Shanti or SBooster 5v PSU would put a smile on your face.

This converation will fizzle out in the ads section so best to get yourself over to the "pimped" thread or start another.

Thanks for the advice, I’ll get myself the PSU for the Node

• Like 1