my friend is looking for a Rega P1 or P1+ if anyone has one they are looking to move on

cheers Simon

Morning Simon, Im just in the process of rebuilding a P1 with upgraded parts, would effectively make it nearer to a P3 :) Got to extend the tonearm wand with carbon fibre though as the arm intended to fit is only an 8.6 inch. Pics later. If you find something else in the meantime, dont wait for me :)

Ok no worries as far as i know he is going to be only using it with Sonos speakers so I’m not sure if it’s worth him spending more than a P1

max budget ??? I may be able to built it to a price rather than a spec :)

Yep, I can fulfil that. It may take a week or so, but as I said, dont wait for me if you find something in the meantime :)

If you’re patient, and have time on your side, then keep an eye on eBay for a ‘Flexson Vinylplay’.  

These are Rega P1’s that have been rebranded, and targeted at people with Sonos systems. Otherwise, identical, has an OK phono stage built in (same as RP1 +). 
Most people don’t know what they are, and they fetch much much less than the RP1.  A great buy  

I bought one on eBay for £40, in mint condition. I’ve got five turntables at the moment, I bought the Flexon for my daughter, but ended up giving her something better. 
I gave the Flexson to my next door neighbour, lovely chap, and fellow music lover. 

For a bit more money, you can pick up a Nad 533 (rebadged RP2) turntable on eBay (around £100).  It’s a much better deck with a lovely cartridge, and a few mostly inexpensive mods turn it into a great deck. A superb starting point for vinyl lovers. The cart it comes with is a Goldring Elektra, which is actually made my Nagoaka, and sounds quite close to the revered Nagoaka MP110. 
Match it with a nice step up (Schiit Mani etc), and it complexly blows the RP1 out of the water.  

Good luck 

Marlin

edited for typos 

Edited by The Marlin

1 hour ago, The Marlin said:

Sorry, weird double post. 

Edited by The Marlin

Hi, I have a Rega P1. I bought it last year to get into vinyl. I’ve caught the vinyl bug so may be upgrading. It’s in great condition. As new with box and packaging. Rather dependent on me finding a replacement though.

OK mine is finished, Has a resin platter, but the rest is higher spec - , latest 11mm bearing, silicon nitride ball bearing, new belt, plinth is as new, unmarked.

Sony PS-X7 tonearm, brand new AT91 cartridge, tracking well at 1.75gms. 

Just got to finish off the lid, which sadly has a small melt on the top, but the rest is going to polish up well.

Pics tomorrow, and Ill take £200 including UK delivery.

ok I have passed on all the information on to my friend as far as I know he is waiting to sell a playstation to release some funds

• Like 1

One here for sale in nice condition.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/484491119604353/?ref=search&referral_code=undefined

If it’s the Mark Coogan I’m thinking of he is a nice guy and might be on this forum ? But it might not be the same guy.
https://www.hifiwigwam.com/forum/profile/58483-coogie/

He is also selling a Notts Analogue deck on Face ache :D

Hope this helps.

Edited by Hap Hazzard

Pics as promised. A few more minor scratches on the lid than I first thought, I dont have enough elbow grease to polish them all out sorry :(

IMG_2075.JPG

IMG_2077.JPG

IMG_2078.JPG

IMG_2079.JPG

IMG_2080.JPG

IMG_2084.JPG

IMG_2088.JPG

IMG_2090.JPG