The Marlin

Sorted. Now purchased Upgraded Node 2i.

I prefer black to white units, but not a deal breaker.  Let me know if you’re selling. 
Cheers

Marlin

just bought one. Thanks. 

Edited by The Marlin

Super Wammer

And let me know if you get no response and want any advice on doing the upgrade yourself. It's not scary...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheFlash said:

And let me know if you get no response and want any advice on doing the upgrade yourself. It's not scary...

Thanks. I had heard that getting the parts was very problematic post brexit. 
fingers crossed!

Super Wammer

👍

Messier/slower but doable.

14 hours ago, TheFlash said:

👍

Messier/slower but doable.

(also don't want to hijack this, but what is the outcome of 140+ pages thread for pimped node - what is recommended for "pimping") asked in relevant thread

Edited by hexx

3 hours ago, hexx said:

(also don't want to hijack this, but what is the outcome of 140+ pages thread for pimped node - what is recommended for "pimping") asked in relevant thread

Upshot, if you do the work yourself, it’s the cheapest point to quality streaming audio. 
you can get better, but costs much more. 
howvee, new product coming soon, so might be a better option on the horizon from Bluesound. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Marlin said:

, new product coming soon, so might be a better option on the horizon from Bluesound. 

Confirmed or just a rumour?

Read it on the Node 2i thread. 

Super Wammer
On 29/01/2021 at 17:35, Getgaff said:

Confirmed or just a rumour?

10 hours ago, The Marlin said:

Read it on the Node 2i thread. 

Must be true then.

They’re bound to have something in development, but god knows when it’ll be ready. 
I wish the made a version without a DAC, so those of us with good DAC’s can use their own. 
I bought a Topping D90 a while back. It sounds wonderful. It‘a even better once you turn off the Pre amp and Bluetooth functions,  and use it purely as a DAC.  Looking forward to hearing the Node 2i through it. 

• Like 1

Super Wammer
13 hours ago, The Marlin said:

They’re bound to have something in development, but god knows when it’ll be ready. 
I wish the made a version without a DAC, so those of us with good DAC’s can use their own. 
I bought a Topping D90 a while back. It sounds wonderful. It‘a even better once you turn off the Pre amp and Bluetooth functions,  and use it purely as a DAC.  Looking forward to hearing the Node 2i through it. 

Most folk here do use the Node purely as a streamer, I believe. It means you are forking out for a redundant DAC, but it still stacks up admirably as a £500 pure streamer IMHO. Enjoy.

I’ve picked one up on eBay for a half decent price.  @TheFlash will be seeking your advice and guidance shortly. 
Thank you for the offer of help, gonna mod the nuts off this thing!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1