Reading a magazine this morning, I found an article about Linn Gardens in Cove Scotland. Probably nothing to do with our Linn Music System.

Hope to visit them (and the Linn factory) once, in post-COVID times...

Very beautiful ! I didn't know Linn meant "Waterfall". Was the name Linn chosen for this reason or is there an other explanation ? 

LD

Linn Gardens Cove.jpeg

Rather simpler than that.  The original Linn factory was on Drakemire Drive in the Castlemilk area of Glasgow.  If you take a look at an online street map, you'll see that the road runs alongside Linn Park and its associated golf course.

Gary

Edited by GaryL
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, GaryL said:

Rather simpler than that.  The original Linn factory was on Drakemire Drive in the Castlemilk area of Glasgow.  If you take a look at an online street map, you'll see that the road runs alongside Linn Park and its associated golf course.

Gary

Here is Ivor's retirement home Linn Castle

burg-linn-aussenansicht-bei-nacht.jpeg

• Like 1

I‘m not sure but maybe I‘ve seen Ivor here:

8F117AB5-DBC9-4ED2-A269-5C3543A9B918.jpeg

• Haha 1

For those as are interested, Linn has come to mean in modern parlance:

1. A waterfall

2. The pool beneath a waterfall

3. A steep precipice

It derives from the Gàidhlig (Scots' Gaelic) 'Linne' meaning a pool, mill-dam, lake, sound, channel, bay. It is cognate with the Gaeilge (Irish) 'Linn' meaning a pool, pond, sea, or water.

• Like 1

I'm not sure Ivor ever entered the Scottish castle shown by Ben Webster. :D

The "Linn Castle" in Krefeld (a moated castle from the 12th century) that Johannes mentioned was indeed visited by Ivor.

I think it was in 1991 when a dealer conference was held there at which - if I remember correctly - the Kairn preamplifier and the first Trampolin base board were introduced.

Ivors was in a good mood and his talk was very entertaining and informative. At a late hour (and a few beers later), he was also able to reveal which projects were currently being worked on in Glasgow (Klout, Kremlin Tuner and Keltik). 
I think he had felt comfortable at little "Linn Castle".

10 hours ago, Peter_P said:

The "Linn Castle" in Krefeld (a moated castle from the 12th century) that Johannes mentioned was indeed visited by Ivor.

I think it was in 1991 when a dealer conference was held there at which - if I remember correctly - the Kairn preamplifier and the first Trampolin base board were introduced.

Ivors was in a good mood and his talk was very entertaining and informative. At a late hour (and a few beers later), he was also able to reveal which projects were currently being worked on in Glasgow (Klout, Kremlin Tuner and Keltik). 
I think he had felt comfortable at little "Linn Castle".

Yes, there was a dealer conference that I also attended.