Speaker cable

Mister R

I’ve just measured up and need a 6M pair of speaker cable to use with Contour S1.4s and hifi. I had some Chord Epic in the U.K. and that was very good. I need thinner cable ideally to fit under a gap in the wall between the rack and speakers. Anything you can suggest that will do a great job similar to the Epic but at a budget? Max £30 per m budget I’d say. Happy to go used if needed.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would be good if you filled in your profile with the rest of your kit. Speaker cable, like other cables are a subjective issue on here. Cables can ‘react’ very differently depending on what components they are used on. You say you need to feed in a gap in the wall? Does that mean you can feed it through with plugs on or not? 
just remember that cables sound different, not necessarily better so you should invest in something well made as a starting point. 

How big is the gap you want the speaker cable to fit in? Cables where the two conductors are side by side like this may be best suited to slot in, depending how deep the gap is?

s-l640.jpg

canare 4s11 is what i use, they also make some thinner cable  CANARE 2S11F and CANARE 4S8 if 4s11 is to thick

It might not cost £30 but for the money you won't find something noticeable better, yes mabye for £20-30 pr meter, but is the difference worth the extra money ?  I don't think so

Edited by gasolin

I had some old Chord Flatline cable, it performed pretty well, look for the recent version of that (Nordost I think).

Qed silver special 25th anniversary cable..its quite small as cable goes...cheap too! And sounds surprisingly good on my reference speakers...

Chord used to make their oddy in an install version without the sheathing , is that available in new York.?