Audeze lcd-2/c/ open/closed....thoughts.

Hiya chaps, going through the paces since nowhere is open to try out headphones at the moment. Any thoughts on any of the above, personal use or reviews, rather than reviews by people i know not. Aeon 2 is another....

Edited by m7rso

I can only comment on the house sound as a former owner of the LCD3s. Sublime, rich, thunderous bass  but quite laid back (although I had the pre fazor version). Really miss them.

Edit: when I say thunderous I don't mean overpowering or exaggerated, just that you can feel the presence of the bass a lot more than most dynamic headphones.

• Like 1

I've had the pre-fazor 2, 3 and the X. All great in their own right. The 2 majored in bass. Nice warm sound. Be warned they are heavy. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks chaps..all food for thought.

I had the fazor 2 for a couple of years. Rich and a little bit dark (but less so than the non fazor version). Heavy - but got used to that after a couple of weeks of strengthening my neck muscles! Definitely a high-end sound and a serious headphone, just depends on whether you enjoy the presentation.

Great bass + midrange. Hf rolled off too much for my tastes eg brushed cymbal strokes barely audible compared to other more revealing cans.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, monya said:

Great bass + midrange. Hf rolled off too much for my tastes eg brushed cymbal strokes barely audible compared to other more revealing cans.

I had Audeze 2 and felt the same. Too warm and laid back to be interesting for me.

• Like 1
On 12/02/2021 at 11:19, monya said:

I really liked those LCD-3 I bought from you a few years ago Robin. Got some fairly cheap Beyerdynamic DT-990 which are fine for the price. I might try out a pair of the LCD-2 as I’m hoping the treble you speak of might equal are more distant sound.

Edited by Nagraboy
  • Like 1
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.