Android App for Logitech Squeezebox Touch

2 hours ago, Man in a van said:

The dev has ceased support some time ago.

This happened once before, so it might be resumed at some time?

ronnie

Thanks, Ronnie,

The lack of updates must be the key to success, lol.

3 hours ago, bencat said:

192.168.1.!!!:9000 where !!! are the three numbers that your LMS is on

The first 3 numbers can also vary depending on your router's configuration - on my network it is 172.16.1.!!! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tony_J said:

The first 3 numbers can also vary depending on your router's configuration - on my network it is 172.16.1.!!! 

Thanks Tony I did not know that all the routers I have had to date (about 12) have all had 192 as the first number but I do not have a huge experience with any networks other than my own home one.

• Upvote 1

Many thanks Gents I've just accessed the Logitech Media Server via the URL and will have a play about after tea. So far I updated the Material Skins and entered the URL of  MS on my mobile but it displays the standard LMS interface which isn't a problem. I will have another bash after tea.

Edited by Pete the Feet

8 minutes ago, Pete the Feet said:

Many thanks Gents I've just accessed the Logitech Media Server via the URL and will have a play about after tea. So fart I updated the Material Skins and entered the URL of  MS on my mobile but it displays the standard LMS interface which isn't a problem. I will have another bash after tea.

I managed to get the material skin interface working on my phone earlier by following @bencat's instructions so I bet if you check back you'll spot a step you have missed.

I hope your flatulence improves...

I use the free Squeezer app and it's great. Not sure how they make anything as I've never noticed any ads and it is regularly improved. Maybe it's just a nice open source shareware type app, great to have people out there who are willing to support such things in their spare time.

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, Bolosun said:

The url should end :9002/Material/

Yes, I've just tried it. Looks good so far. Now to see if I can get Spotify will work with laptop off. I suspect this will be a different setup.

13 hours ago, Pete the Feet said:

Yes, I've just tried it. Looks good so far. Now to see if I can get Spotify will work with laptop off. I suspect this will be a different setup.

Hey Pete

Is LMS on your Laptop ?

and where is Spotify ?

Are the Corvids still using the foodbank?

ronnie

5 hours ago, Man in a van said:

Hey Pete

Is LMS on your Laptop ?

and where is Spotify ?

Are the Corvids still using the foodbank?

ronnie

Hi Ronnie

LMS still on laptop.

Spotify on laptop and Android phone. It would be good to access Spotify via the Squeezetouch on my phone and play back through the system without the need to start up the laptop.

Rodney has gone to meet his maker I fear. I remember him as a youngster when he first came with his parents; a noisy little fecker he was. In his later years he looked a bit bedraggled and we referred to him as "Shot Rodney" as he looked like he had been shot in the chest or lost a few feathers. He had first dibs at the table and no other bird would step foot in the area until he had had his fill. He came to say goodbye we think, as the last time we saw him he was stood on the wall looking into the kitchen for quite a long time, longer than usual. The most recent lot are not regulars and have not managed to train us as yet. Currently it is very busy at the Lake nearby so there is probably better pickings for the local bird population.

Edited by Pete the Feet

On 11/02/2021 at 18:42, MartinC said:

I managed to get the material skin interface working on my phone earlier by following @bencat's instructions so I bet if you check back you'll spot a step you have missed.

I hope your flatulence improves...

Just noticed :D

1 minute ago, Man in a van said:

Pete

Are you thinking Raspberry Pi ?

ronnie

With this talk about flatulence, maybe he's thinking Raspberry Tart...:whistle:

3 hours ago, Man in a van said:

Pete

Are you thinking Raspberry Pi ?

ronnie

Hi Ronnie

The LMS and Material Skin works a treat as long as the laptop is powered up.

I bought the Mrs a Denon mini system which allows me to stream directly from Spotify on my phone via Bluetooth to the Denon. I wondered if there was a retro fit adaptor or something which would enable me to do the same to a standard old school amp/Dac. I thought there may have been a route via the Squeeze Touch but I need to have the laptop on in order to utilise my phone via wi-fi.

Edited by Pete the Feet