Most hated bands and Google knows everything

DomT

The other day I made a comment in Kernow’s thread about turntables. The next day a most hated band video appeared in my YouTube video list (see screen grab) with a picture of Morrisey.

I never search for or watch that type of video and yet it appeared. I don’t use any Google products. Coincidence? I think not as this sort of thing happens all the time.

F1AD1218-FBBE-4BBA-8875-F54440D3EC4A.jpeg

• Haha 1

wam uses googlesyndication and google-analytics.

I'm impressed that the google AI knows how bad the smiths are though

Edited by Phobic
  • Haha 5

I don't use Google as a search engine, but duckduckgo instead.  Also when I access a web site I always turn off all notifications and cookies that I can, especially advertising ones, otherwise I probably won't go there.  I have even taped over the camera on my laptop.  Tin-foil hat firmly on head. :ph34r:

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

I used to hate the Smiths until I actually listened to them.. brilliant..Morrisseys latest album is excellent in my opinion 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

1 minute ago, awkwardbydesign said:

You are kernow and I claim my £5. :D

Sadly I'm not as witty as Kernow...lol

• Like 1

I understand that the Moody Blues are quite proud of being the most loved and most hated band (in the same year though not sure what year that was) .. as we all know one man's meat is another man's poison.

Edited by uzzy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, uzzy said:

I understand that the Moody Blues are quite proud of being the most loved and most hated band (in the same year though not sure what year that was) .. as we all know one man's meat is another man's poison.

I quite like the moody blues...I quite like meat too...I try to steer clear of poison! Lol

• Haha 2

Got into the early Moody Blues a couple of years ago, having always written them off as MOR, which they sort of are within the psychedelic pop pantheon. Some great songs, but oh lord, the spoken word interludes.......😱

The Fugees. Never heard anything they did that I liked.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Come on Phil, you’re not trying! That’s indifference, not hatred. I hate rodent faced shrieky -voiced, twiddly guitar playing Matt Bellamy, hence I guess I hate Muse.

There! I’ve got that off my chest......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, DomT said:

Coincidence? I think not as this sort of thing happens all the time.

Agreed. Bloody annoying too. Phones also listen to you and I have had specific advertising off the back of this.

The most obvious example of this being when we were on hols in Devon and spent a day at a theme park with the kids. That evening we were talking about it and commented on the elevated platform next to the ride and how this probably meant the ride must break down loads.

Next day - specific advert for 'would you like to hire an elevated work platform' in the part of Devon I was.

Not yet had one on hated bands though. I think I'd prefer that. 

Edited by Amormusic

For me..its the old adage of dont meet your heroes. I have been around musicians alot I suppose & find it very hard when folks expect you to understand their fragile egos.

It's in their minds not mine.  Some always wanted to be a star & others make music.   Fk the neurotic ones. Good ppl make good music.....generally :P

• Upvote 2

I met a 70s Northern singer of some standing about 20 years ago. He’d worked with Ry Cooder. I said that I imagined Ry to be a really nice guy, to which he replied “ he’s not- he’s a coont!” 😖

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I like The Smiths so I'd be quite happy for Youtube to recommend some live sets hot girls in my area penis enlargement.