Majik 6100D - fans on all the time

On 19/02/2021 at 21:40, formann said:

Hi, in my cottage, I´ve got a LP12 Majik via MDSM2 and Majik6100D with built in cross over connected to M109 using K400. it really sounds good but the amp is astonishing hot. The fans run all the time when it is in operation - at low volumes as well. Even after turning off (standby) the fans are on for 30 minutes. Any ideas? is it about to need a recap or service? Picture from summer time and then bi-amped and then the amp was warm but never hot and fans never on.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_255d.thumb.jpg.9fac1d9d2e4211d3c4c3a60db2c44243.jpg

Hi

Great system and superb view!

Have you finally solved the fans issue?

M.

Hi Matteo, I finally got around to contact Linn's helpline during the Easter break and basically they did not find it concerning as it sits in the rack, above the DSM and including the heat loss in the active cards, it could get warm and hence that the fans would often be operating.

Ø  

59 minutes ago, formann said:

Hi Matteo, I finally got around to contact Linn's helpline during the Easter break and basically they did not find it concerning as it sits in the rack, above the DSM and including the heat loss in the active cards, it could get warm and hence that the fans would often be operating.

Ø  

Uhm

Have you tried to swap the MDSM with the 6100 in the racks?

In my system, I noticed that, while the A2200 is always cold, the ADSM/3 runs very hot.

Maybe, in your case, the warm of the MDSM could affect the 6100 from below.

M.

Your 6100 seems also having smaller upper grills than most recent version of M6100:

Linn Majik Isobarik In Rosewood : Linn Majok 6100 and Crossover Cards PRICE  DROP! Photo #2095707 - UK Audio Mart

On 06/04/2021 at 15:51, Matteo said:

Your 6100 seems also having smaller upper grills than most recent version of M6100:

Linn Majik Isobarik In Rosewood : Linn Majok 6100 and Crossover Cards PRICE  DROP! Photo #2095707 - UK Audio Mart

This shouldn't make a difference. I have an old C6100/D - the fore-runner of the Majik 6100. It has  different grills, but is also running pretty cool, even in the summer. The only time it went hot, was when the boss put a news magazine on top of it, thereby obstructing the air flow. Luckily, we aren't married, so I could not request a divorce 😜

• Haha 2