Spotify HiFi Premium

Sgt Pepper

I’m glad they’re doing it but they’re still behind the curve if it’s only CD quality.  Price is going to be the big factor. 
Hopefully the competition won’t crush Tidal.

I do understand that many on here are very keen on Hi Res streams but I must admit as most of my music is in CD quality just matching that will be more than enough for me to consider using this new service . Biggest issue is going to be price it would be all too easy for them to hike the rate up and make closer to Tidal and Quboz but would be nice to see it kept to below £13 if possible .

7 hours ago, HectorHughMunro said:

I’m glad they’re doing it but they’re still behind the curve if it’s only CD quality.  Price is going to be the big factor. 
Hopefully the competition won’t crush Tidal.

I'm a pensioner so thankfully my ears are struggling to even match CD quality.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Same here Tim😝
I'm happy with it as it is...

Edited by darthvadersdad

• 1 month later...

But can you tell the difference?

http://abx.digitalfeed.net/spotify-hq.html

I thought I could, turns out on these samples I cannot. I'd be interested to see how others fair?!

• 3 months later...

Does anyone have any idea when the hifi version will be released?

I've done a search for info but no indication. So wondering if any one knows someone that knows someone that could indicate roughly when?

I'm wanting to see if this matches Tidal a as I'd go back to Spotify if so as I prefer the user interface.

I don't subscribe to any streaming services. Can't see the point. I have loads of CDs ripped on the server. For new music I check out You Tube or Bandcamp then there are 1000s of worldwide Radio stations via LMS.

This week I had an opticians appointment and they ask you to go in spot on time. Filling in I went in St Barnados where CDs cost the vast sum of 4 for a £1 I saw one I liked and scratched around for 3 more acceptable CDs. When I got home I found one of the cases had another CD behind from the New Zealand band six60. It was really good I recommend people have a listen. So random buys in charity shops is another good source of music!

35 minutes ago, Amormusic said:

Does anyone have any idea when the hifi version will be released?

I've done a search for info but no indication. So wondering if any one knows someone that knows someone that could indicate roughly when?

I'm wanting to see if this matches Tidal a as I'd go back to Spotify if so as I prefer the user interface.

Have you tried Qobuz? If the music library works for you it offers higher sound quality than Tidal (no MQA) and I'll bet it will be cheaper than Spotify HiFi too at £12.49 per month if you but the annual subscription.

• Like 1

I love Qobuz. I’ve been using it for a couple of years now for my “proper” listening sessions (ie. 1 hour or so every night once I’ve managed to boot the kids out of the lounge) and really notice the difference with the hires stuff. I hope spotify don’t force people to upgrade to cd quality streams, as I also have a Spotify family account for the wife/kids and also my phone playlists for the van and bike rides, where I would rather keep the files/streams lower quality and smaller. I’m not too bothered about the cost as we consume a lot of music as a family so it’s only fair to pay for it, although I wish more of it went to the artists instead of the record companies.

• Like 1

Interestingly, I’ve just had an email from Tidal offering me 12 months for the price of 10.  It seems to imply that there won’t be a price drop soon.  I’m not sure how they think it would go down if they offered that then halved the price.

1 hour ago, HectorHughMunro said:

Interestingly, I’ve just had an email from Tidal offering me 12 months for the price of 10.  It seems to imply that there won’t be a price drop soon.  I’m not sure how they think it would go down if they offered that then halved the price.

Seen on hotukdeals about using a VPN set too Turkey to get a tidal hifi family subscription for 30lira rather than £30. Works out just over £2 a month. Maybe not morally right but not sure how different countries should get the exact same service for a 10th of the cost.