News. Spotify HIfi Is coming to challenge Tidal. Could be brutal!

The Marlin

Saw that this is coming, could have a dramtic effect on Tidal And Qobuz subscriptions. 

Linky

Direct from Spotify’s blog page.

Edited by The Marlin
Add extra link
  • Like 1

can only be good news for customers. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, fled said:

can only be good news for customers. 

As long as Spotify-enabled devices are fully supported by this improvement. Don't really want to rush out and buy a new streamer.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Nifkin said:

As long as Spotify-enabled devices are fully supported by this improvement. Don't really want to rush out and buy a new streamer.

8 minutes ago, Nifkin said:

👍

I have an Apple Music subscription (family account) and a Tidal for Hifi. 
if the Spotify hifi service is up to snuff, i could replace both with one subscription. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Won’t he long before Apple follow suit too!

Spotify HiFi will deliver music in CD-quality,

WHAT !!! No Vinyl quality :o

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

nothing wrong with Qobuz AFAIK

Point 3 of the post on Spotify's blog post seems to suggest there may be issues with rolling out Spotify Hi Fi to pre-existing Spotify Connect enabled devices. 

1 hour ago, Nifkin said:

They should be updated for changes. My Bluesound Node 2 is updated regularly and it is not even the current model. But worth checking as some services are not available on  some streamers.

Qobuz with HR @ £15 still takes some beating. Spotify will be around the same price? Spotify has a larger library. Deezer already has HiFi and has similar library to Spotify, that's £15 pm.

I don't use connect, my ipad is too old apparently.

Edited by StingRay

1 minute ago, StingRay said:

They should be updated for changes. My Bluesound Node 2 is updated regularly and it is not even the current model. But worth checking as some services are not available on  some streamers.

I hope for updates too but this is a strong reason never to spend serious money on a streamer.   I wonder if sorting out compatibility was the main reason for the delay.

• Upvote 1

All depends on the price Spotify charge. Can't see it being as high as Tidal though. 

11 minutes ago, HectorHughMunro said:

I hope for updates too but this is a strong reason never to spend serious money on a streamer.   I wonder if sorting out compatibility was the main reason for the delay.

They have been talking about it for years. Probably because the market for cd streaming is fairly small proportion.

Its comical that its advertised as CD quality, didn't we have cd quality for the last 30years! Where is the progress in audio.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2