MFSL Supertramp

diplomat2.6

I've been looking for a copy of Breakfast in America on MfSL for years.  

Waxatmoorgate appear to have two left, it seems. I've just bought one £49.95, which is half of what they're fetching on Ebay. 

Just thought I'd let you know, in case it's of interest to anyone.

• Like 3

Waxatmoorgate is great for Mfsl stuff and the like. Bought quite a few from them. Good prices, fast, free delivery and none of this pretending they've got stock and then back-ordering it like some retailers do. 

Oh lord. I just had a look at their website. My 'stop buying vinyl for a bit' resolution is going to get severely battered I suspect.

• Haha 1

Super Wammer

Mine too

Super Wammer

Cheers OP. Just ordered a copy.  Will now have to organise selling my standard copies to balance the budget, a bit :)

Thanks for letting me know about Moorgate. Managed to order Shelby Lynne and Pet sounds AP 1 disc version at a good price:D

6 hours ago, chrisph said:

Cheers OP. Just ordered a copy.  Will now have to organise selling my standard copies to balance the budget, a bit :)

I have a lot of remastered or special issue LPs and I find I cannot sell the originals but they're very unlikely to be played again.

Super Wammer
3 hours ago, TIU said:

I have a lot of remastered or special issue LPs and I find I cannot sell the originals but they're very unlikely to be played again.

Interesting how we approach our hobby at times.  I am going through a phase of trying to reduce the number of LPs I have that I will not play again but on the other side of the coin making the occasional purchase to  get a "better" version, which may mean one with fewer scratches etc.. or as in this case a MOFI version. 

On 24/02/2021 at 00:13, rabski said:

Oh lord. I just had a look at their website. My 'stop buying vinyl for a bit' resolution is going to get severely battered I suspect.

😂😂

Arrived today in perfect condition. Looking forward to playing it at the weekend. I must say, I’m loving these MfSL vinyls.

It’s also good that they’re not all to my taste, otherwise I’d be even poorer. I’ve signed up to the MFSL newsletter.  I see a twin 45rpm Carole King Tapestry box set has just been launched.

MCRU also sell lots of MFSL, they even have the Supertramp Breakfast in America album for £50!!!

I emailed MFSL asking if they would work their magic on the Dire Straits, On Every Street album. They replied super fast with: “your request by will be passed onto the lab for consideration.” I was just chuffed that they could even be bothered to reply, most companies don’t these days. 

i’d love them to do Graceland on a 2x45rpm

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Super Wammer

Many thanks for creating this thread. I have also been looking for a MFSL copy of Breakfast in America. The cheapest I could find was £75 shipped from Australia so with import duties it would probably have been closer to £100

I've just ordered it from waxatmoorgate for £49 delivered. Great result thanks,

Ady