Linn Kaber aktive cards

Hello from the continent,

I'm quite new in Linnland. Three weeks ago the only Linn I ever owned was

a K5 back in the 90ies.

And now....it star5ted with a LP12 from 1991 that I found on ebay and was offered by a guy in

my neighborhood. Unfortunately he also sold a pair of Kabers. I fell in love within a second.

And when I visited my mother 600km away, someone there solt three LK280 + Spark.

I'm close to happy with the tripleamped performance of the Kaber but of course aktiv is the goal.

Why is it impossible to get ANY material out there...it's the INTERNET! The place you can get

everything...as long as you are not looking for Linn related information.

What kind of cards fit to the LK280? I got some as a gift but I have no idea if they are the right ones

because there is no information out there...I definately need a   :pint:

HELP!!!

• Like 1

I take a picture and post it.

• Like 1

Welcome to the world of LINN and most importantly kabers. I still have my pair and they sound fantastic Aktiv. I do have a set of chakra cards for the kabers.

My advice however is a kairn+ Klout makes them really sing for a passive speaker. I never enjoyed them passive with an akurate amp till I went aktiv but with just a single Klout they are amazing.

My suggestion would be recoup your money by selling the lk amps and start with 1 klout and build your way up. If you’re as in love with them as I am then maybe add some copper leaf like I did.

Did your kabers come with the heavier polymer bases like the picture below?

0f135dca7d2bd6de893d19f6ec65166e.jpg

mdsm/3 >> Akurate 4200/3200/3200 >> Aktiv Akurate 242 (mark 1) Silvers/K400

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Suffolkboy said:

Kabers cards fit into klout and lk100s

And the AV5105s. Don't forget one of my favourite amps. :)

21 minutes ago, Johannes said:

These are the cards:

Kaber_Aktiv.jpg

These are mono cards. Later on, Linn released different amps like the LK-85 and LK-140 that use stereo cards. The stereo cards look way different.

I will definately go aktiv.

OK...cards look the same but without the "frames".

Klout seems to be the way, so I keep the cards and two of the LK280 and start with one Klout for the bass.

No polymerbases, but I'm aware that they are a good upgrade.

Edited by HelloWorld

1 hour ago, zee9 said:

Welcome to the world of LINN and most importantly kabers. I still have my pair and they sound fantastic Aktiv. I do have a set of chakra cards for the kabers.

My advice however is a kairn+ Klout makes them really sing for a passive speaker. I never enjoyed them passive with an akurate amp till I went aktiv but with just a single Klout they are amazing.

My suggestion would be recoup your money by selling the lk amps and start with 1 klout and build your way up. If you’re as in love with them as I am then maybe add some copper leaf like I did.

Did your kabers come with the heavier polymer bases like the picture below?

0f135dca7d2bd6de893d19f6ec65166e.jpg

Zee, do the Keilidh and Kaber share the same polymer bases? They look the same but are they interchangeable?

Zee, do the Keilidh and Kaber share the same polymer bases? They look the same but are they interchangeable?

Yes Sir. But they won’t fit the keltiks

Also ninka bases work for espeks/5140’s.

• Like 1

Klout seems to be the way, so I keep the cards and two of the LK280 and start with one Klout for the bass.

I’d suggest just one klout. Single wire passive (as long as you have the speaker links). To me that sounds better than tri amped passive with majik/akurate amps

• Like 1

The cards may look the same but have specific numbers that match in which amp they are useable and for what specific speaker they are. It’s very easy to start blowing tweeters etc with wrong or even mishandled cards so don’t get to excited. Follow the process.

• Upvote 1