Jump to content

21.06.2021 Covid Freedom Day


Sgt Pepper
 Share

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Sgt Pepper said:

I don't think many have been wrong, what I have seen is Joe public unable to follow some simple rules.........also I always thought it was the scientists not Johnson who give the predictions?

In March, he said the worst of the crisis over in 3 Months.

In July, he said it would be over by Christmas - unveiling plans to return to normality.

He is optimistic by nature and hates giving bad news - so these statements were much more likely to be his decisions, rather than Scientists, who would be much more cautious.

It suits the Govt very well to have the Public blamed (the vast majority of whom followed the rules), as it shines the light away from the fact that they have been behind the curve at every stage, causing one of the highest death rates in the world.

Edited by CnoEvil
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CnoEvil said:

In March, he said the worst of the crisis over in 3 Months.

In July, he said it would be over by Christmas - unveiling plans to return to normality.

He is optimistic by nature and hates giving bad news - so these statements were much more likely to his decisions, rather than Scientists, who would be much more cautious.

It suits the Govt very well to have the Public blamed (the vast majority of whom followed the rules), as it shines the light away from the fact that they have been behind the curve at every stage, causing one of the highest death rates in the world.

God give me strength, I set up a thread of hope and those with a political bias turn up to crap all over it.

I have just looked at where he actually said any of those things but can't find it?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Sgt Pepper said:

God give me strength, I set up a thread of hope and those with a political bias turn up to crap all over it.

I have just looked at where he actually said any of those things but can't find it?

I've got a facts bias...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/19/boris-johnson-uk-can-turn-tide-of-coronavirus-in-12-weeks

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/politics/uk-politics/2343638/boris-johnson-claims-britain-will-see-significant-return-to-normality-by-christmas/

...the vaccine creation and roll-out appears to be a tremendous success, though.

Hopefully, June 21 will be one huge party with lots of beers and hugs.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/coronavirus-boris-johnson-update-today-uk-death-toll-cases-map-when-over-a9412226.html

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/17/boris-johnson-unveils-next-steps-in-englands-coronavirus-response

I gave my view and why I hold it. I only elaborated further as a result of being questioned by you.

It is not for me to tell you how to feel - and that wasn't my intention.....but I am entitled to put my POV. If I had thought you only wanted views that supported your own, I would have refrained from commentating - and will not comment further.

Edited by CnoEvil
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, savvypaul said:

Hopefully, June 21 will be one huge party with lots of beers and hugs.

sounds like a good solstice celebration to me. tbh I'd be happy with just the beers

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's the rosy voice of optimism 😁

I booked up my summer holiday on 06/01. I've booked ten days camping in my new badass tent - 7m x 3m with extension, carpet, electric, heating, lights, fridge and so on... I absolutely love camping and I cannot wait 😁😁😁

I'm also about to book my first post-pandemic gig (a real in-person gig! Not online! Whoop whoop!) for Nov this year.

I don't know if the freedom day will be a thing, but I'm certainly now looking ahead.

Edited by Amormusic
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, CnoEvil said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/coronavirus-boris-johnson-update-today-uk-death-toll-cases-map-when-over-a9412226.html

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/17/boris-johnson-unveils-next-steps-in-englands-coronavirus-response

I gave my view and why I hold it. I only elaborated further as a result of being questioned by you.

It is not for me to tell you how to feel - and that wasn't my intention.....but I am entitled to put my POV. If I had thought you only wanted views that supported your own, I would have refrained from commentating - and will not comment further.

I did not have a view or anything, I asked what we are most looking forward to when all restrictions are lifted, instead politics was brought into it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Be nice to see my auld mum.  :)

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sgt Pepper said:

I did not have a view or anything, I asked what we are most looking forward to when all restrictions are lifted, instead politics was brought into it.

My final comment - It was not the sentiment (which is perfectly reasonable), that I had a problem with, but putting such a definitive date on it.

Edited by CnoEvil
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, garn63 said:

Be nice to see my auld mum.  :)

I hope I can see my mum before then, but yes, I do agree with you very much.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is definitely more optimism,  folks talking and booking holidays , bil just rebooked their wedding which was postponed    

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, hifinutt said:

There is definitely more optimism,  folks talking and booking holidays , bil just rebooked their wedding which was postponed    

They should have taken it as an omen.

:minikev:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

It is a shame that Freedom day has been postponed.....but I hope it highlights why I don't get excited by dates.

IMV. The reason it hasn't happened, was the decision not to put India on the Red List at the same time as Bangladesh and Pakistan.

Israel took immediate action over India and are set to drop all restrictions...which is where we should have been.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, CnoEvil said:

It is a shame that Freedom day has been postponed.....but I hope it highlights why I don't get excited by dates.

IMV. The reason it hasn't happened, was the decision not to put India on the Red List at the same time as Bangladesh and Pakistan.

Israel took immediate action over India and are set to drop all restrictions...which is where we should have been.

Agree 100%, but at the same time those visiting India were getting round the having to isolate by first entering Turkey then returning to the UK from there, which was highly irresponsible.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56984057

Edited by Sgt Pepper
Link to comment
Share on other sites

so they've "postponed " "freedom day". what a surprise!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...