20% around the corner?

On 26/02/2021 at 14:56, radiant red said:

Having had some difficulty getting certain items, I have been in discussions with some people in the know and they think we will see a 20% increase in products especially from Japan. Supply of many things are drying up. Onkyo, you can’t order anything atm due to supply issues, Audio Technica cartridges like the VM95e all but dried up. 
Some say it will bring a rise across the board of up to 20% or so including brands from the uk but I’m hoping not as it would be an opportunity for the uk companies to perhaps have an advantage. Anyway, I’ve heard the above from more than one place. 

worrying times ahead maybe? 

Unfortunately, I think you are right and some. Read today that  interest rates may have to rise in order to limit the threat of inflation. 

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, wHIZZY said:

Unfortunately, I think you are right and some. Read today that  interest rates may have to rise in order to limit the threat of inflation. 

It’s always us that end up paying for it. So looking forward to the council tax estimate in March 🤔

I think we have been lucky with overseas products in the last few years. I just hope it can open doors to more opportunities in the UK. 

1 hour ago, radiant red said:

It’s always us that end up paying for it. So looking forward to the council tax estimate in March 🤔

I think we have been lucky with overseas products in the last few years. I just hope it can open doors to more opportunities in the UK. 

BrExit, for the few not the many.

• Upvote 1

Naim increasing its price by 20%???

2 minutes ago, meridian man said:

Well their due to announce prices soon so who knows lol.

Hope not. Not that I care but if you bought a Nap200 in 2004, you could get what you paid for it back then so for the used market, it’s a good thing for the seller 😊

41 minutes ago, meridian man said:

Think it’s a safe bet to say most manufacturers will be rising their prices around 20% in the new financial year...or very soon after. Unavoidable due to the lack of parts in the supply chain. 

Edited by Craig_
9 hours ago, Craig_ said:

Think it’s a safe bet to say most manufacturers will be rising their prices around 20% in the new financial year...or very soon after. Unavoidable due to the lack of parts in the supply chain. 

Naim have been using Brexit even before Brexit to increase their prices.

https://www.cymbiosis.com/2016/11/advance-warning-naim-price-rise-imminent/

34 minutes ago, meridian man said:

Naim have been using Brexit even before Brexit to increase their prices.

https://www.cymbiosis.com/2016/11/advance-warning-naim-price-rise-imminent/

Many of us will remember how decimalisation was also blamed or used as an excuse for price rises.  

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Fourlegs said:

Many of us will remember how decimalisation was also blamed or used as an excuse for price rises.  

An identical thing happened when Europe moved to the Euro.  That led to significant inflation when currency effects are taken in to account.

Supply chain is a factor in any pricing, you should know that from experience. Like I said, let’s see what happens. Did I say manufacture? 

Ah, OK, you’re talking about cost increases.

To be fair, your original message said “I have been in discussions with some people in the know and they think we will see a 20% increase in products especially from Japan.”

You didn’t mention the words “cost” or “price” at all!
  • Like 1