Arcam A85 0r A90

yes i couldnt find a decent priced tucana in USA for the op . cant quite agree on the arcam , the a75 sounded superb with the horns as did the a85 . just that right balance of grip, liquidity and musicality without being pipe and slippers . with the p3esr the a85 was WAY better than the sugden a21se in terms of engaging sound and musicality .   just depends on the speakers i think  . i do agree they may not be best choice for Dyns 

Edited by hifinutt
32 minutes ago, hifinutt said:

yes i couldnt find a decent priced tucana in USA for the op . cant quite agree on the arcam , the a75 sounded superb with the horns as did the a85 . just that right balance of grip, liquidity and musicality without being pipe and slippers . with the p3esr the a85 was WAY better than the sugden a21se in terms of engaging sound and musicality .   just depends on the speakers i think  . i do agree they may not be best choice for Dyns 

Agree I heard at a dealers (years and years ago) FMJ A32 IIRC powering Totem Arros, which are tricky to drive and that sounded very impressive. IME the DIVA range tend to lack a little drive in the LFs, and that's why they are best with brands such as Monitor Audio, PMC.... I would avoid any Dyns and older Spendors which tonally doesn't work with these Arcs. I heard the A80 with Dyn Audience 52 (lovely speakers BTW) and it sounded wrong.

I've only heard the Contour S1.4 once, with a Naim XS... that really struggled when the volume went above 10 o'clock.

This is why I think a Tucana will work fine with Contours: A similar tonal balance to a Naim but will drive almost any speaker.

Edited by plasticpenguin
  • Like 1

Yes and I do find the Naim sound to be quick, dynamic but a little thin for my tastes. I like a dynamic sound that is perhaps a touch warmer that gets the Dyns to sound exciting. I think the Tucana will do a great job...IF I can get one here. Loads of Mackintosh here, Krell, Moon, NAD, Anthem etc but interestingly a lot of dealers love to sell U.K. products!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pussy-foot no more:

https://www.audioemotion.co.uk/leema-acoustics-tucana-integrated-amplifier---pre-owned-14759-p.asp

Although I can also highly recommend a Creek Evolution 100A 👍🏼

yes best to remember the op is in USA for any recommendations !!!  i think that Krell you saw might be very good 

https://www.stereophile.com/integratedamps/205krell/index.html

Edited by hifinutt
1 hour ago, hifinutt said:

yes best to remember the op is in USA for any recommendations !!!  

Sez London UK on their profile 🤔

Oh how peculiar: the link I provided above was only aavailable if you Google 'Leema Tucana': if you go via ae's homepage, the amp is nowhere to be found: it's apparently in a 'hidden' section of their site, which suggests it may have already been sold... Sorry about that 😏

Edited by Nifkin