Can you please test the following ....

I don't think an absence of a compelling explanation invalidates what Johannes has suggested - in other words it is worth trying it and listening for yourself. A number of people have heard a change they like, it's zero cost and entirely reversible. 

Care with all elements of a hifi set up can yield benefits, and experimenting is fun. 

Edited by petecallaghan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Johannes said:

We don't have any PoE, so I make sure that such switches are not used. I can't say that about the others,

Ah. My Port 1 does support PoE. I will test again using Port 2 instead. 

• Like 1

Super Wammer

2 minutes ago, Johannes said:

You steal my time because I look here when something is written. And your comments are just pointless to me.
Besides, you insinuate that people who have tried it can't hear. Just leave it and please don't make a fool of yourself.

You're only interested it proving yourself right regardless of what the facts actually say.

I've even provided you a credible way for you prove your point which you won't do for obvious reasons.

I've not insinuated that people can't hear a difference, I have explained why they might though - something you're unable to do.

ignoring the facts, and treating symptoms instead of the actual underlaying issue is a waste of everyone's time - you're just fooling yourself

• Like 1

Just now, Phobic said:

you're just fooling yourself

Even if it is like that, it doesn't matter because an imagination also triggers something. I am very happy with the assumed gain in sound and that is what counts for me.
But now leave it alone and don't water down this thread.

Super Wammer
17 minutes ago, petecallaghan said:

I don't think an absence of a compelling explanation invalidates what Johannes has suggested - in other words it is worth trying it and listening for yourself. 

I have no issue with that (even ignoring the facts), however you're not all even testing the same bloody thing!

17 minutes ago, petecallaghan said:

Care with all elements of a hifi set up can yield benefits, and experimenting is fun. 

Agree on the care point - if you want to test something compare it against the internal linn test track with the switch disconnected and turned off.

if you can hear a difference then try to figure out what the issue is and fix it instead.

8 minutes ago, petecallaghan said:

Ah. My Port 1 does support PoE. I will test again using Port 2 instead. 

Great example of the issue with what this test is trying to do and the issue with the conclusions

Edited by Phobic

Super Wammer
4 minutes ago, Johannes said:

But now leave it alone and don't water down this thread.

fortunately this is an open forum so I'll carry on providing facts and evidence so there's balance

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Come on 🤡, go back to the 🎪 and try to impress children. I never found clowns funny, rather annoying.

You don‘t even realize that you kill this Linn Forum with your know it all better tour. 

Edited by DB1328

Super Wammer

personal attacks from someone who lives in Munich, hmm.

image.thumb.png.62dedb4ded1e91a1bacd425974c4b2fe.png

Where ever I come from doesn’t matter 🤡 I just can‘t stand your aggressive manner. Sorry

Super Wammer
1 hour ago, DB1328 said:

Where ever I come from doesn’t matter 🤡 I just can‘t stand your aggressive manner. Sorry

but you're fine with people attacking me?

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer
3 hours ago, Johannes said:

Even if it is like that, it doesn't matter because an imagination also triggers something. I am very happy with the assumed gain in sound and that is what counts for me.

This seems like saying that if you pay good money for something and imagine the difference, that's good enough for you.

May I suggest imagining the difference without spending the money?

If you would prefer to just spend money imagining differences, I can provide all sorts of tweaks at a fee.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Phobic said:

but you're fine with people attacking me?

Who attacks you?  Your Rank says it all. 🤐😘   

30 minutes ago, Metatron said:

May I suggest imagining the difference without spending the money?

Can you tell me how much it should cost to reconnect the cable?

Super Wammer
Just now, Johannes said:

Can you tell me how much it should cost to reconnect the cable?

Depends which one. Have you disconnected the speaker cables and are hearing lows so low you cannot hear them and highs so high you cannot hear them?

Just look at what this thread is about.