Puresound L300 Valve Pre Amplifier High End Pure Sound Preamp

My Puresound L300 valve preamp for sale. Used, but in good cosmetic condition with only very light marks/scratches on the faceplate and top cover. 

Has been re-valved recently. Selling as have too many audio toys. This preamp can compete with preamps costing 3x more. Has very low output impedance hence can be a great match with solid state power amps.

£2400. NO OFFERS PLEASE. Retail price is £6000. Rarely available second hand. Collection from Woolwich Arsenal or can be posted at buyer's risk. Comes in original packaging. Cash or BT only please.

The Pure Sound L300 Line Stage Pre- amplifier has 5 inputs and twin outputs (2 pairs single ended and 2 pairs balanced via XLR).

The circuit uses output transformers and a sophisticated full valve rectified, choke smoothed, regulated power supply including a 300B triode as the series element.

A line stage pre-amplifier needs to offer the facility to select between different sources to provide some means of attenuating the chosen source and then deliver it in an uncorrupted form to the power amplifier.

In the L300 source selection is via a high quality switch located near to the input sockets. The chosen source is routed to a high quality film potentiometer and from there on to the audio circuit. This consists of 2 directly coupled triode stages, the second loaded by an output transformer which steps down the amplifies signal allowing it to be coupled to the power amplifier at a manageable level and via a low impedance output.

The output stage of the L300 is impervious to long interconnecting cables or lower impedance power amplifier input stages. The use of output transformers also allows the option of a true balanced output configuration if desired.

The L300 also incorporates an extremely sophisticated regulated power supply to maintain constant operating conditions for the audio circuitry. It includes a valve rectifier, a choke filtered stage and then a series regulator featuring the 300B power triode as the passing tube. A very elaborate error amplifier referenced to a gas voltage reference valve allows the circuit to precisely maintain the high tension supply regardless of fluctuations in the mains supply and the varying current drawn by the audi circuit. Filament supplies are also fully regulated to further reduce the potential for noise.

The L300 preserves the verve and energy in recordings. It does this without sacrificing transparency or introducing euphonic colouration to the sound.

IMG_20210227_113716.jpg

Edited by tnorvaisas
Price change
  • Like 3

Absolute bargain! GLWS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've heard this, and was hoping to buy it, but finances are just a little too tight at present. if that changes i'll be all over this.

Taut is a top bloke to deal with and knows his hi-fi onions. Buy with confidence

• Like 1

my word these are rare , worth hearing. i heard one once with guy and although its big it was a pleasure 

My want is very wanting......

Hopefully it will sell before i make my mind up.

GLWTS

25 minutes ago, Lee M said:

My want is very wanting......

Hopefully it will sell before i make my mind up.

GLWTS

Just get it while I haven't changed my mind! 

Would do PX for a nice power amp. 

Weekend bump for this very special preamp. 

Had pleasure of hearing l300 + power amps on home demo, glorious rich powerful you are there presentation. Great build and chance to roll dht, took very very expensive Shindo to better it. £2.5k is bargain for keeper pre amp. 

• Like 1

Cannot believe this is still unsold. I've had a few very well respected tube pre's, but my L300, without doubt, was the best. The oft used phrase 'need to spend x times to get better' is for once a reality. I last used it with my ATC SCM50 actives..just stunning. GLWTS.

It is a bit of a monster, size wise, but still comfortably fitted into my rack.

22 minutes ago, Bob77777 said:

Cannot believe this is still unsold. I've had a few very well respected tube pre's, but my L300, without doubt, was the best. The oft used phrase 'need to spend x times to get better' is for once a reality. I last used it with my ATC SCM50 actives..just stunning. GLWTS.

It is a bit of a monster, size wise, but still comfortably fitted into my rack.

Thanks. I'm also very surprised it hasn't sold yet. 

This is a great pre.  We did a pre-amp bake-off a few years ago, and the L300 was beaten only by a Robert Koda which cost $31k...

• Like 1

Just too far to pickup as wouldn't trust post 

Ignore sorry only SE inputs, doesn't work for me anyway. GLWS !

Edited by Psilonaught

A lot of interest, but still available.