Selekt dsm with katalyst and power cartridge.

Hello Linners :)

Is it possible to use a Selekt dsm with power amplifier cartridge as a pre-amplifier, if I would like to use a tube amp for example ? 

As long as it has a pre out it can be used but then it makes more sense to buy one without the amp modules for less money

mdsm/3 >> Akurate 4200/3200/3200 >> Aktiv Akurate 242 (mark 1) Silvers/K400

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, zee9 said:

As long as it has a pre out it can be used but then it makes more sense to buy one without the amp modules for less money

mdsm/3 >> Akurate 4200/3200/3200 >> Aktiv Akurate 242 (mark 1) Silvers/K400

The idea was to run dsm both as a pre amp and as an amplifier. Not at the same time though..  :)

Edited by CaptenBonScott

Looking on the linn site yes there is a line out card and the power amp cards. See below for mixed use  it does say though that the line out is lower gain than standard preamps so do not use external and internal amps at same time   

image.png.09d07fc3b01a30df8373e7e86e559bf8.png

• Like 1

So it is either/or. Good to know.

The more I look at Selekt, the more attractive and well executed it appears. A lot of thought went into it, obviously.

Edit: I just fully picked up on what you are trying to do. Perhaps it was well executed, but not with you in mind.:S Sorry.

Edited by akamatsu

That’s weird. What if you wanna drive a second set of speakers through a room amp.

Adsm/1 >> Akurate 4200/3200/3200 >> Aktiv Akurate 242 (mark 1) Silvers/K400

Posted (edited)
You can buy an analog cartridge dac but then you have to buy another Katalyst dac to, i think .
Edited by CaptenBonScott