Class D amp for ProAc 1SC Speakers

One year at scalford , cable monkey had his isc sounding glorious with an amp , can't remember what it was though!   

Thanks for all the replies, plenty to think about.

You could try Crown XLS1002 or higher level amp for not a huge amount. They are professional audio amps but Crown used to make HiFi amps as well. These have a bit of a cult following.

http://

http://

215w per channel 8 ohms
On 03/03/2021 at 07:05, ClassikFan said:

I understand my little ProAc's like a bit of power but is there anything I should bare in mind if looking to use Class D amplification with them?

l use a 40WPC tweaked Tripath amplifier ( battery PSU) with my ProAc Tablette 10 and the sound is superb in my small room.... perhaps Nord may be a good place to look depending on your budget, what music you listen to etc.:geek:

3 hours ago, Tarzan said:

l use a 40WPC tweaked Tripath amplifier ( battery PSU) with my ProAc Tablette 10 and the sound is superb in my small room.... perhaps Nord may be a good place to look depending on your budget, what music you listen to etc.:geek:

But the Tripath battery powered Class D is one of the earliest pioneers of Class D and is now way behind others in sound quality.  I had a bare-bones Tripath module that I ran from a battery 20+ years and and later a Red Wine Audio Signature 30.2 that used a Tripath module, also battery powered.  More recent Class D technology is so much improved especially the Purifi module that is finding favour with big manufacturers.  I urge you to take one for a ride!

• Like 1

It is not any old Tripath amplifier......that said l would like to hear a Nord or something of that ilk.:geek::)

• Like 1

I’m selling a Tact/Lyngdorf SDA-2175 power amp, will post details tomorrow. 200W into 8 ohms and 375W into 4 ohms. Very clean sound.

I missed out on the Bantam One amp on PFM and ebay so have decided to order a new one from Temple Audio.

• Like 2