Acoustic Solid

I saw the Acoustic Signature thread in Owners Clubs so I thought why not introduce the Adi Dassler to Signature's Rudi (if you know you know!).

I bought the Acoustic Solid Wood turntable recently and was fortunate enough to get hold of an Audiomods Series 6 arm to go with it. It does exactly what I was warned it would - tight and deep bass, dynamic presentation etc etc and I'm just enjoying it at the moment.

My aim here is to corral all (if any) Acoustic Solid owners so that we can pick each others brains, because there is limited information on the net. My first question is about belts - where do you get them? I have a silicone knotted belt and silk to make a belt but I want a pre-fabricated knotless belt if possible - one for the Acoustic Signature guys too no doubt.

IMG-20210304-122809.jpg

IMG-20210304-122932.jpg

IMG-20210304-122939.jpg

Edited by myles
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kawasaki kr1s said:

Nice deck what cartridge are you using ?The belt should be available from the UK dealer I would have thought, though I’m sure the cost be breathtakingly expensive for what it is the effectively a silicone band.

Yes, the cost from the UK dealer was breathtaking.

I'm using a Hana SL at the moment but have an AT33PTG/II to try on it too.

Just now, Kawasaki kr1s said:

Just for giggles how much did the dealer want 😃

£65, a fiver delivery in that price. 

2 minutes ago, Kawasaki kr1s said:

Now that REALLY is a piss take 😱

I think so. I'm not afraid to accept hifi tax or else I wouldn't be in this hobby but it is a piss take.

2 minutes ago, Kawasaki kr1s said:

Keep an eye on German eBay 

And I thought 25€ was expensive!

Great tip! I've just come from an LP12 where the belts are similarly priced so it wasn't a total shock.

On 05/03/2021 at 21:11, myles said:

Great tip! I've just come from an LP12 where the belts are similarly priced so it wasn't a total shock.

May I ask how the acoustic solid and lp12 differ? Any plus or minuses , one over the other. I am interested as I would consider these two tables if I was going to get back into vinyl. Thanks.

43 minutes ago, hiesteem said:

May I ask how the acoustic solid and lp12 differ? Any plus or minuses , one over the other. I am interested as I would consider these two tables if I was going to get back into vinyl. Thanks.

I had to do some 'stuff' to get the LP12 to make it sound how I liked. New subchassis and armboard, unipivot arm, and got it on a wall shelf in the old house. I'm not in a position to put the wall shelf up in this house unfortunately, but the LP12 does boogey very well.

The AS Wood; I prefer a heavy platter as a rule so this gave me no surprises - dynamism, tight bass, speed very stable and soundstage is impressive (the LP12 was no slouch here either) - but it did everything even better than I expected.. The Audiomods arm lifts it from bloody impressive to bloody impressive multiplied by a rather large number. So impressed with it.

• Upvote 1

On 05/03/2021 at 21:07, Kawasaki kr1s said:

Keep an eye on German eBay 

And I thought 25€ was expensive!

I sourced a belt from Germany this weekend, which works out to be about £30 less than buying one from here!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Kawasaki kr1s said:

eBay Germany ?

Nein, from a dealer out there. 

Posted (edited)

Belt arrived today, £39 all in which is reasonable compared to what the local source wants. 

Edited to add link to supplier:

https://www.dienadel.de/en/acoustic-solid-turntable-belt-round/a-353639143

Edited by myles