Jump to content

BBC Sounds app for streamers?


on the rocks
 Share

Recommended Posts

Apparently from 21 March the only internet access to BBC radio will be via BBC Sounds, and no streamer or packaged internet radio will work on BBC unless they have BBC Sounds installed.

As far as I'm aware no streamers are available which have BBC Sounds on board.  Does anyone know any different?

It seems I'll be relying on my FM tuner for some time yet

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, on the rocks said:

Apparently from 21 March the only internet access to BBC radio will be via BBC Sounds, and no streamer or packaged internet radio will work on BBC unless they have BBC Sounds installed.

As far as I'm aware no streamers are available which have BBC Sounds on board.  Does anyone know any different?

It seems I'll be relying on my FM tuner for some time yet

Tune in radio has bbc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, on the rocks said:

I understand it may not after 21 March

We’ve been around this loop before.  Do you have a link to this, please?

An earlier thread here...

I recall several others, but can’t find then right now   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, on the rocks said:

I understand it may not after 21 March

 it's not long returned!  bbc's loss..I'm not going to hunt about to  listen to the patronising bbc..radio 3 is bearable until the smugness starts..and as for the guardian radio..sorry radio 4... if I want to celebrate alternative lifestyles..isnt that my choice? Or should I be grateful its foisted upon me by the bbc? Rant over for now...lol

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You don't by chance have a Virgin V6 box do you (others may work). I go from this to my DAC via an optical cable. You can the obviously play it with the TV screen off.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Nopiano said:

We’ve been around this loop before.  Do you have a link to this, please?

Why do I hear a message on my third-party app stating that BBC Radio will stop working on 22 March? | BBC Sounds

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As already noted and one of the reasons I love Logitech Media Server for many years i used the BBC iPlayer plug designed for this server and this presented the best quality stream on offer for all BBC channels . Sadly with the switch over to BBC Sounds the plug was not able to be updated and so the owner contacted all of those using to let us know so we could remove it. At the same time another clever user of LMS has created a BBC Sounds plugin which once installed andf signed in to allows me to find any of the material on BBC Sounds and play that again at the best quality level that BBC are putting out. Use this every Sunday to listen to the Cerys show and use it to also listen to Craig Charles Funk and Soul Show but never on the night it goes out .

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nearly bewildered said:

  I want to celebrate alternative lifestyles

Well the forthcoming census will be one big celebration for you - you will be able to choose from a range of genders :D

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nearly bewildered said:

 it's not long returned!  bbc's loss..I'm not going to hunt about to  listen to the patronising bbc..radio 3 is bearable until the smugness starts..and as for the guardian radio..sorry radio 4... if I want to celebrate alternative lifestyles..isnt that my choice? Or should I be grateful its foisted upon me by the bbc? Rant over for now...lol

This is one of the reasons I completely binned television 2 years ago. I refuse to fund the BBC via a TV licience or any other means. £150+ a year to be lectured to by a pseudo elite bunch of I've had a reality bypass virtue signalling I have my head stuck up my arse w***ers. And the proliferation of lecture dramas they call soaps followed by I'm a bellend get me out of here dickhead on ice and it's ilk, aimed scatter gun style at the drooling low IQ sheeple. Now when I visit friends and family I look at the TV in disgust and wonder how I managed to waste so much of my life on such low brow banal dross. 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 6
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, on the rocks said:

Thank you.  I’ve not heard this on my Linn DS - which uses TuneIn - so I’m crossing fingers it continues.  What device did you hear it on?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Nopiano said:

Thank you.  I’ve not heard this on my Linn DS - which uses TuneIn - so I’m crossing fingers it continues.  What device did you hear it on?

I haven't heard it yet because I don't have a streamer, but this will influence my decision whether to buy one or not.  It would be interesting to knoe what Linn have to say on ths?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The BBC are very welcome out of my life😊

... it must be nearing 3 happy years this year🎉

Edited by 2010*zuma
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...