BBC Sounds app for streamers?

on the rocks

25 minutes ago, Lurch said:

This is one of the reasons I completely binned television 2 years ago. I refuse to fund the BBC via a TV licience or any other means. £150+ a year to be lectured to by a pseudo elite bunch of I've had a reality bypass virtue signalling I have my head stuck up my arse w***ers. And the proliferation of lecture dramas they call soaps followed by I'm a bellend get me out of here dickhead on ice and it's ilk, aimed scatter gun style at the drooling low IQ sheeple. Now when I visit friends and family I look at the TV in disgust and wonder how I managed to waste so much of my life on such low brow banal dross. 

Heh, don't watch the BBC but do listen to R6 Music. Only reason we have a TV is Rugby and Moto GP mainly, but do like the output of various select sources like Netflix / Amazon / Disney. Yeah 47 years old but I still love Star Wars, Avengers, Avengers spin offs, and things on Netflix like "Happy!" and Prime like "The Boys", both of which are truly excellent and should be watched if you like your humour dark and violent.

• Like 1

I've been getting the message using my Yamaha Musiccast stuff. Yamaha changed from Tune-in as their net radio provider to Airable two years ago. This is exactly why I won't spend loads on a streamer. It's annoying cos I listen to Radio 6 a lot, which isn't available via traditional radio, only online. Of course I can stream Sounds from my phone to my Musiccast stuff via Bluetooth, but that doesn't match WiFi quality. 

Ah nevermind: there are still tons of good web-based stations available anyway.

Swines.

Edited by Nifkin
Swines
  • Like 2

I was going to post earlier but thought the BBC heads would not be happy :)   I dont like the way you have to give them your details to use the most simple of services ? They've got their DJs doing it too. They want to tax you rather than offer a good service.  My life has been better without the BBC the last few yrs.  Even 6 music has ended up like radio 1 but I do like a couple of shows on a sunday.   Sinister motives  & shit service means they are no longer part of my establishment.  Firk em.  Think we should all question why and who we give our money to ?  Customer is king..not stupid.

Edited by garn63
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Lurch said:

This is one of the reasons I completely binned television 2 years ago. I refuse to fund the BBC via a TV licience or any other means. £150+ a year to be lectured to by a pseudo elite bunch of I've had a reality bypass virtue signalling I have my head stuck up my arse w***ers. And the proliferation of lecture dramas they call soaps followed by I'm a bellend get me out of here dickhead on ice and it's ilk, aimed scatter gun style at the drooling low IQ sheeple. Now when I visit friends and family I look at the TV in disgust and wonder how I managed to waste so much of my life on such low brow banal dross. 

My name is Phil, I've been TV free for over 25yrs. Not one one relapse in that time. I've tried therapy but it's no good, I just can't force myself to watch TV. 😁

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Nifkin said:

I've been getting the message using my Yamaha Musiccast stuff. Yamaha changed from Tune-in as their net radio provider to Airable two years ago. This is exactly why I won't spend loads on a streamer. It's annoying cos I listen to Radio 6 a lot, which isn't available via traditional radio, only online. Of course I can stream Sounds from my phone to my Musiccast stuff via Bluetooth, but that doesn't match WiFi quality. 

Ah nevermind: there are still tons of good web-based stations available anyway.

Swines.

Your right reg web radio. If folks put some effort in there are real music enthusiasts putting their collections for free & uninterrupted online.  Reg Tune in. Airable is the same people but used with manufacturers & gives better sound quality ? Regs. M.

* You can email Airable & suggest a channel.  It will usually be on by the end of day ?

Edited by garn63

48 minutes ago, Lurch said:

Yes.. couldnt agree more...would be nice to have a choice of what opinion I should have? But there's only one opinion on the bbc..and if you dont share that opinion..then theres something wrong with you..I agree there is something wrong with me..I can actually think for myself!  Everyone has a right to be happy! Great..be happy. but why must the bbc smother me with how wonderful the alternative is?  I just want to watch rugby without being wound up..I can do ten mins or so of radio 4 news in the morning before i have to switch it off..as it starts to enrage me.. cant I just have the news without the views? Seemingly impossible..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nearly bewildered said:

Yes.. couldnt agree more...would be nice to have a choice of what opinion I should have? But there's only one opinion on the bbc..and if you dont share that opinion..then theres something wrong with you..I agree there is something wrong with me..I can actually think for myself!  Everyone has a right to be happy! Great..be happy. but why must the bbc smother me with how wonderful the alternative is?  I just want to watch rugby without being wound up..I can do ten mins or so of radio 4 news in the morning before i have to switch it off..as it starts to enrage me.. cant I just have the news without the views? Seemingly impossible..

What utter twaddle.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Nifkin said:

What utter twaddle.

Thankyou...at least you read it,  now what happens is..maybe tomorrow you might listen to radio 4 and think..hang on, that's not right..or why didnt they ask that politician harder questions..or maybe why is the guardian and the BBC so similar in their outlook? That's a good question..if you can provide me with a answer please Nifkin..I would be grateful..thanks mate, I look forward to being enlightened..

I don't think the Guardian and the BBC are that similar. I think the Beeb has a plurality of views: some mainstream, some alternative. I don't like all their output, I pick and choose, isn't that the point? I listen to bits of R4, bits of R3, bits of R6. Probably my favourite radio show is Giles Peterson's Saturday afternoon show. But if I can't listen to that via my streamer any more I'll listen to WorldwideFM instead.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Gosh, I'm rather taken aback at all the anti BBC feelings, but I'm not sure what TV has to do with anything. 

If anyone's interested in getting back on topic; my main interest is music on BBC R3 and BBC R6. I sometimes indulge in R4; I don't agree with everything they say but I enjoy listening to radio rather the being in an echo chamber.  I'm fortunate in getting quite good R3 on my FM tuner and I like the combination of familiar and unfamiliar classical (and other) music, Classic FM is so compressed to be a waste of FM bandwidth.  R6 is limited to DAB and hence quite poor, which is a shame as they sometimes have soe very interesting music not so familiar to me.

One of the attractions of pottentially getting a streamer was improved R3 sound and greatly improved R6 sound.  Any HiFi streamer manufacturer that integrates BBC Sounds; as well as offering all the other good quality streaming radio music may well get my custom.

Edited by on the rocks
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I see as many people bashing the BBC for their left wing bias as I see people saying the opposite. They are therefore doing a good job and long may it continue. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Nifkin said:

I don't think the Guardian and the BBC are that similar. I think the Beeb has a plurality of views: some mainstream, some alternative. I don't like all their output, I pick and choose, isn't that the point? I listen to bits of R4, bits of R3, bits of R6. Probably my favourite radio show is Giles Peterson's Saturday afternoon show. But if I can't listen to that via my streamer any more I'll listen to WorldwideFM instead.

I'll have a listen to that Giles Peterson show..

18 minutes ago, on the rocks said:

Gosh, I'm rather taken aback at all the anti BBC feelings, but I'm not sure what TV has to do with anything. 

If anyone's interested in getting back on topic; my main interest is music on BBC R3 and BBC R6. I sometimes indulge in R4; I don't agree with everything they say but I enjoy listening to radio rather the being in an echo chamber.  I'm fortunate in getting quite good R3 on my FM tuner and I like the combination of familiar and unfamiliar classical (and other) music, Classic FM is so compressed to be a waste of FM bandwidth.  R6 is limited to DAB and hence quite poor, which is a shame as they sometimes have soe very interesting music not so familiar to me.

One of the attractions of pottentially getting a streamer was imporved R3 sound and greatly improved R6 sound.  Any HiFi streamer manufacturer that integrates BBC Sounds; as well as offering all the other good quality streaming radio music may well get my custom.

I don’t listen to BBC radio but can’t you just copy over the URL for each radio station on the streamer, or is that ending soon?

On my Bluesound Node I can add a url, I did it when Radio Paradise had a sever issue.

Public broadcasting is one of the few areas where the UK is truly world class.

BBC Sounds needs data to "compete" with commercial services, people expect a personalized service with recommendations etc.

22 minutes ago, on the rocks said:

One of the attractions of pottentially getting a streamer was improved R3 sound and greatly improved R6 sound.  Any HiFi streamer manufacturer that integrates BBC Sounds; as well as offering all the other good quality streaming radio music may well get my custom.

Yes once a radio goes thru the streamer and into dac ..the sound quality improves a lot..agree re classic fm, radio 3 on the whole is excellent. I very much  enjoyed Beethovens life story on radio 3.. just dont like radio 3 between 5 and 7pm weekdays..I dont mind dab on my little mini system as I dont analyse it..  but once it goes near the main kit..I'm listening carefully..