BBC Sounds app for streamers?

on the rocks

43 minutes ago, StingRay said:

They say "The old URLs will then stop working completely by 31st March 2021."

But where are the new URLs?

If you read through the comments, there is a link posted by Greygoo. I have no idea of how definitive these are o.O

https://gist.github.com/bpsib/67089b959e4fa898af69fea59ad74bc3

7 minutes ago, Man in a van said:

If you read through the comments, there is a link posted by Greygoo. I have no idea of how definitive these are o.O

Maybe they will still work after March but the BBC should be publishing new url to use, not just saying the old ones won't work. 

18 minutes ago, Man in a van said:

Beat me to it. But..

They are mp3 128. FFS. Yes I did try the R6 link. It works but sounds crap.

20 hours ago, bobovox said:

I’ve emailed the BBC to ask if the HLS and DASH-MPEG streams are affected. I’ve not heard any warnings that these are closing.

Well, I received a pretty unhelpful boilerplate response from the Beeb which left me non the wiser. However, it looks like the HLS and DASH-MPEG streamers are unaffected:

https://forum.minimserver.com/showthread.php?tid=6097

7 hours ago, Man in a van said:

I got this link, courtesy of a member on another forum

https://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/internet/entries/481e7233-0aea-4b15-8ace-878ce549108c

Thanks, that is very helpful, because although I searched yesterday I’d not have found such an obscure heading!

I read it to say that manufacturers may need an update, but users don’t need to do anything.  And, selfishly, I can’t see anything suggesting TuneIn is affected, as that’s the service my Linn streamer uses - although I can use BBC Sounds via Airplay if necessary. 

If you have an LMS based system high res streaming options (320) are available. Man in a Van has been a great help getting these going properly

• Like 2

On 04/03/2021 at 17:59, Nifkin said:

I don't think the Guardian and the BBC are that similar. I think the Beeb has a plurality of views: some mainstream, some alternative. I don't like all their output, I pick and choose, isn't that the point? I listen to bits of R4, bits of R3, bits of R6. Probably my favourite radio show is Giles Peterson's Saturday afternoon show. But if I can't listen to that via my streamer any more I'll listen to WorldwideFM instead.

I beg to differ.  The bias has become a problem.  It could well be the thing that loses them the licence. If that happens, they could lose three quarters of their revenue. 

5 hours ago, HectorHughMunro said:

I beg to differ.  The bias has become a problem.  It could well be the thing that loses them the licence. If that happens, they could lose three quarters of their revenue. 

Fair enough. We can agree to differ. Anyway: back to the BBC radio streaming issue.

10 hours ago, slavedata said:

If you have an LMS based system high res streaming options (320) are available. Man in a Van has been a great help getting these going properly

Aye. After some mild ranting I realised I could go back to LMS for Radio with the Sounds plug-in.

I'll wait and see if that's working after the cut-off date.

• Like 1

I've been listening to BBC R6 all afternoon (Giles Peterson's show is currently on) via my WXC-50 which uses (as I said earlier in the thread) Airable to source its net radio stations: I haven't heard that annoying message telling me to take action cos the service is going to be switched off on 22 March once. Does this mean that Airable have updated the URLs they use? Would be interested to hear from anyone else using a Musiccast device.

Edited by Nifkin

Thankgoodness for proper hi fi quality on FM radio

Except the idiot politicians want to bin that too

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, on the rocks said:

So after the great switch off / switch over yesterday; who has lost BBC radio on their streamer?

No change here.. 

Pop master in full swing 👍🏻😊

6084559F-29D5-4F6A-87BB-29407642B07F.jpeg

• Like 1