We thought we knew streaming

According to the just-received email from Linn. Are there any clairvoyants out there willing to venture a guess?

Mine is they are going to provide their own subscription streaming service which partners with their current label relationships, at a minimum. Members would receive discounts on downloads and be privy to surprise, time limited sales.

What does your crystal ball tell you?

12 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

That would be music industry, wouldn’t it?

It stated ‚most desirable product in the HiFi industry‘. Quite modest...

Streamer plus NAS plus Switch xD in one box

I hope not, Naim's was awful.

• Like 1

"most desirable"

That could be a new top end Klimax or above product.

Or a new lifestyle product, which seems unlikely given the Selekt is so recent. 

• Upvote 1

Or a Digital Streamer with no DAC that can be used for those hereon with non-Linn second systems to provide Space Optimisation, lots of inputs and access to various services - they'd be sure to sell at least one (perhaps not the greatest incentive).  

30 minutes ago, Eldarboy said:

According to the just-received email from Linn. Are there any clairvoyants out there willing to venture a guess?

I have not received anything

3 minutes ago, SeeSaw said:

I’d like it to be a music server, maybe including a ripper. Not sure that covers ‘most desirable new product in the hifi industry’ though?

A vinyl ripper? 

• Like 1

The new product launch is something called LinnCast.

‘I have seen many videos where a group of musicians around the world simultaneously play their instruments and it creates the song, all blended together. Maybe Linn plans to have all of us perform, n the LinnCast of characters so we are all contributing to each other’s entertainment?

‘Perhaps LinnCast will have us all install a LinnCast camera and microphone in each of our listening rooms, so we can each play an instrument or sing along together to a predetermined playlist? This will also allow us to listen in on other people’s music sessions and see what each of is doing while we play our music. 🤪

‘Note to self, don’t listen to music in just my underwear 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Matteo said:

I have not received anything

https://www.linn.co.uk/events/252fcad0-604f-4e58-a80c-e5923a89a802

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Paulssurround said:

Maybe Linn plans to have all of us perform ...

Not if they have heard me sing while playing my Xylophone 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Paulssurround said:

The new product launch is something called LinnCast.

‘I have seen many videos where a group of musicians around the world simultaneously play their instruments and it creates the song, all blended together. Maybe Linn plans to have all of us perform, n the LinnCast of characters so we are all contributing to each other’s entertainment?

‘Perhaps LinnCast will have us all install a LinnCast camera and microphone in each of our listening rooms, so we can each play an instrument or sing along together to a predetermined playlist? This will also allow us to listen in on other people’s music sessions and see what each of is doing while we play our music. 🤪

‘Note to self, don’t listen to music in just my underwear 

LinnCast it Linn way of calling their webinars

this was one of august 2020 - There's still time to book your place if you haven't already registered for the first Live Launch LinnCast on Thursday 6th August, 17:00 BST.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Virtual Launch LinnCast 

26.03.2021, 17:00 UTC

Take your seat in the virtual front row as Linn once again changes the face of streaming.

For nearly five decades, Linn has been a world leader in the Hi-Fi industry, designing and manufacturing disruptive, market-changing, high-performance products driven by our enduring passion for music.

From the LP12 to the CD12 on to the Klimax DS, Linn has a proud history of creating game-changing hi-fi products.

The Launch LinnCast on 26th March promises to be another special moment as we reveal the next milestone innovation in our relentless journey towards musical perfection.

Join us for this special customer preview event to discover the details of the most desirable new product in the Hi-Fi industry.

2a998629-3db0-46b5-9d7f-2f131a399555.png

A link to join the event will be emailed in your booking confirmation.

5 minutes ago, Paulssurround said:

Virtual Launch LinnCast 

26.03.2021, 17:00 UTC

Take your seat in the virtual front row as Linn once again changes the face of streaming.

For nearly five decades, Linn has been a world leader in the Hi-Fi industry, designing and manufacturing disruptive, market-changing, high-performance products driven by our enduring passion for music.

From the LP12 to the CD12 on to the Klimax DS, Linn has a proud history of creating game-changing hi-fi products.

The Launch LinnCast on 26th March promises to be another special moment as we reveal the next milestone innovation in our relentless journey towards musical perfection.

Join us for this special customer preview event to discover the details of the most desirable new product in the Hi-Fi industry.

2a998629-3db0-46b5-9d7f-2f131a399555.png

A link to join the event will be emailed in your booking confirmation.

exactly my point
see? they call linncast their webinars. This one is dated 2020.

Exciting new streaming product coming soon

There's still time to book your place if you haven't already registered for the first Live Launch LinnCast on Thursday 6th August, 17:00 BST.

Our best-selling digital streaming product of the decade has been completely revamped for 2020. Join us on 6th August at 17:00 BST to be first to hear about this exciting new development in the Linn DSM range which offers incredible performance and connectivity, all from one box.

We hope you can join us.

83310d95-f6cc-4665-8d87-59da3de90967.jpg