Jump to content

We thought we knew streaming


Recommended Posts

Perhaps just new styling or it may be upgradable?  Just guessing really.  We will know in just over 2 weeks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm obviously interested in what this all means for Akurate. Would this be the end of the line for Akurate? Potential upgrades on the horizon maybe, I'd like to think they could squeeze most anything into the Akurate box. Saying that who needs four levels of product... it's all fun and games and we can never expect to be current forever. I'm just interested in what might emerge at my financial level of the game. Cheque book and pen are poised but not to the tune of £40K.

Edited by silkie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

Still puzzled by the new hub which, I assume, will have no DAC like the current one. So what‘s the deal?

@Coalboy68 mentioned earlier “Features new ADC board as well as Organik DAC”

I read that as the new Klimax hub sounding better even into a Katalyst DAC, with Organik DAC products in the pipeline.

’troll

Edited by Moomintroll
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ll be really interested to see the styling of this new Klimax SE range. I think my black Klimax EDSM looks drop-dead gorgeous - I’m not sure I’d want to replace it with something less slimline, possibly glossy black, with a bling knob on the top.

Might just have to put a black Klimax Radikal on my shopping list before they’re phased out too...


’troll

Edited by Moomintroll
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Super Wammer
5 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

@Coalboy68 mentioned earlier “Features new ADC board as well as Organik DAC”

I read that as the new Klimax hub sounding better even into a Katalyst DAC, with Organik DAC products in the pipeline.

’troll

It had better sound a lot better to get my attention ($,£).

Unfortunately, it probably will. :)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, akamatsu said:

It had better sound a lot better to get my attention ($,£).

Unfortunately, it probably will. :)

Oh, it’s going to have to sound a whole lot better than the Katalyst upgrade. The problem for the likes of you and I, is that we’ll also need Organik DAC upgrades in our speakers to take full benefit, so it’s beginning to sound like we’re going from the price of a small car for an upgrade to the price of a premium SUV. 

 Edit - at that level, I’d need to seriously consider if moving house wouldn’t give bigger gains.

‘troll

Edited by Moomintroll
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

I’ll be really interested to see the styling of this new Klimax SE range. I think my black Klimax EDSM looks drop-dead gorgeous - I’m not sure I’d want to replace it with something less slimline, possibly glossy black, with a bling knob on the top.

Might just have to put a black Klimax Radikal on my shopping list before they’re phased out too...


’troll

From what I read on Stereophile, the new casework reminded them of a finely crafted watch, with 2 different metals

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On the registration page for the LinnCast launch event, there is already a small hint of what the new streamer will look like. In the small, somewhat blurred section of the picture, you can guess the rotary knob on the left, the surface is dark with a line structure.
The emphasis on lines in the overall design has already been seen in Selekt and Majik DSM/4.  

Bildausschnitt.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Super Wammer
1 minute ago, Moomintroll said:

Well spotted Peter_P, that means it could be even worse than I feared...

’troll

No, no. You are not going convince yourself that you don't want one.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

That’s going to clash with all your copper work, Paul...

’troll

Don’t you know, copper is the new gold.  😂

‘Here is an excerpt 

7760345D-16E0-4FA0-B766-DF8D3EBBB8A3.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can’t see the current line of Klimax gear being upgradable to the Organik range.

It looks like the current line of Klimax kit may be ‘stuck’ where it is?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Super Wammer
1 minute ago, kelly200269 said:

I can’t see the current line of Klimax gear being upgradable to the Organik range.

It looks like the current line of Klimax kit may be ‘stuck’ where it is?

And phased out.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...