We thought we knew streaming

2 minutes ago, DutchWillem said:

I find that I’m not at all excited about this announcement. Having reached MY top-desired set of KDSM/3 Katalyst, Solos and bi-wired passive Akubariks, and being not at all into Exakt, I find that I am really enjoying  music these days rather than planning or considering upgrades that I don’t feel I need and can’t afford.

Willem

My system is almost the same other than into biwired 242's & like yourself I am not into Exakt & very much enjoying my music as well with no more desires to box swap or upgrade anymore...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, DutchWillem said:

I find that I’m not at all excited about this announcement. Having reached MY top-desired set of KDSM/3 Katalyst, Solos and bi-wired passive Akubariks, and being not at all into Exakt, I find that I am really enjoying  music these days rather than planning or considering upgrades that I don’t feel I need and can’t afford.

Willem

With a similar setup to yours, I’m interested to see what the good folk at Linn will be launching, but can’t really see it being something I can afford to splash out on, so I’ll watch from the sidelines!

Mick

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Clavius said:

A few of us are old enough to remember this 👆🏻

What a great trip down memory lane, Clavius, thanks for posting. I love the story about Shuggie reversing in the car. I recall that when personalised registration plates became available in the UK, Ivor bought him “A5 HUG” for his van. I’m sure he was still at Linn the last time I was there.

Happy Days.

’troll

17 hours ago, ThomasOK said:

As to upgrades, whoever posted the little part of the article skipped the part of it where it says: 'Later this year, other Linn components will receive the Organik DAC update, including the Klimax network players, Exaktboxes and speakers."  How they will do those upgrades we don't know yet, but it might be possible that the main board will fit in the older casework.

That’s very interesting, Tom. Knowing that would have saved much of the earlier speculation, but, heck, we’ve little else to do. So, rather than the new casework being dictated by the the size of the Organik bits, it’s been dictated by what Linn want to fit into the A/V DSM. Upgrades to existing Klimax network players are far more interesting to most of us, I suspect.

’troll

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Peter_P said:

On the registration page for the LinnCast launch event, there is already a small hint of what the new streamer will look like. In the small, somewhat blurred section of the picture, you can guess the rotary knob on the left, the surface is dark with a line structure.
The emphasis on lines in the overall design has already been seen in Selekt and Majik DSM/4.  

Bildausschnitt.jpg

Reminds me of record grooves...

51 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

Reminds me of record grooves...

Great observation 

‘It’s groovy man

Well, having just spent money on a brand new Klimax DSM and about to embark on a brand new pair of Solo power amps, if my DSM is deleted from Linn production I will delete Linn hifi from my life!!

6 minutes ago, Sound Man said:

Well, having just spent money on a brand new Klimax DSM and about to embark on a brand new pair of Solo power amps, if my DSM is deleted from Linn production I will delete Linn hifi from my life!!

So you'll no longer need that DSM of yours?

Asking for a friend...

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Sound Man said:

Check with your dealer to see if they will take back your new Klimax DSM, with full credit towards the new Organik Klimax DSM

Your new Klimax DSM is an incredible sounding piece of kit and it will sound just as amazing whether Linn releases a new version or not.

‘From what I can see, the prices of the new Organik Klimax DSM is a big jump in price, and just remember that Linn has already stated that the Klimax DSM’s will be able to be upgraded to Organik later this year.

‘The cost of this Organik upgrade may be much less than buying a brand new Organik Klimax DSM?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

33 minutes ago, Sound Man said:

Why, oh why, oh WHY is it all about having the ‘latest and greatest’?

The facts are, that the Organik Klimax is going to cost a hell of a lot more than your KDSM, and as @Paulssurround has already stated, the KDSM is an amazing bit of kit.

Just focus on what’s really important - the music, and just enjoy what you have.

Edited by kelly200269
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 4

38 minutes ago, kelly200269 said:

Why, oh why, oh WHY is it all about having the ‘latest and greatest’?

The facts are, that the Organik Klimax is going to cost a hell of a lot more than your KDSM, and as @Paulssurround has already stated, the KDSM is an amazing bit of kit.

Just focus on what’s really important - the music, and just enjoy what you have.

There is a good possibility that Linn will continue to produce the current Klimax DSM, as it is more affordable Klimax kit than the Organik variants. There are many people that will want to have the current casework, to match their other Klimax components.

‘Perhaps the new lineup will be Klimax DSM Organik Hub with the new Organik casework, Klimax DSM in the current casework, Klimax Organik Music DSM, and Klimax Organik AV DSM?

‘Linn has invested a lot of money in their CNC machines for producing their  Klimax casework. One can only assume they will continue to use the CNC machines for Klimax casework

• Upvote 1

I've already chucked out my KDSM (it's garbage bin collection day tomorrow morning) and placed an order for a new Organik DSM. Picked up some organic wine in Waitrose on the way home tonight to celebrate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

How do you know about this Organik DSM? How did you all know about the name of this new DSM? May be I will stay with Linn. Keep my Klimax Twin  amp and put the money for the Solo amps on the Organik trading in my Klimax DSM. 

• Like 2