We thought we knew streaming

We don't have time to play Kards sadly. The dealer launch was at 5PM today.

So. Yes we do know now and have 48 hours to get our heads around all of the information. The dealer embargo is lifted at the same time as full launch Friday 26th 1800.

I'm sure you'll all be tuned in and all I will say is it will be worth your time.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Simon at Grammo said:

We don't have time to play Kards sadly. The dealer launch was at 5PM today.

So. Yes we do know now and have 48 hours to get our heads around all of the information. The dealer embargo is lifted at the same time as full launch Friday 26th 1800.

I'm sure you'll all be tuned in and all I will say is it will be worth your time.

Good news Simon

I plan to watch the Linn product launch tomorrow, but note that the event is at 5:00 pm UTC, which is at 10:00 am PDT

You mention 1800?   I assume the embargo for dealers finishes after presentation for the public?

I need to call the bank and have them increase the limit on my credit card. I'd better do that today. :D

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, akamatsu said:

I need to call the bank and have them increase the limit on my credit card. I'd better do that today. :D

Maybe hold off until after the announcement tomorrow 

Linn may be releasing a newly designed set of Skeets, instead of a new Klimax streamer.   😂😂

• Haha 3

we could expect used Klimax DSM/2 to become more affordable after this new Klimax Organik DSM is born... and that is potentially good news for me :D

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

Personally I think the second hand prices will remain as they are as the new kit is so expensive (at least from what has leaked so far).  It seems to me that there will be two levels of Klimax kit now, Organik and Katalyst. 

CJ

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Paulssurround said:

Good news Simon

I plan to watch the Linn product launch tomorrow, but note that the event is at 5:00 pm UTC, which is at 10:00 am PDT

You mention 1800?   I assume the embargo for dealers finishes after presentation for the public?

Apologies for any confusion. You are correct of course. I think the phone will be busy on Friday evening.

Enjoy the launch.

• Like 1

On 23/03/2021 at 20:19, Iain Docherty said:

The original idea for the Clok was for it to be a one piece aluminium design of course. Linn couldn't quite get there then/in time for the Year of Architecture and Design. One of my former colleagues has one, it's gorgeous.

The Linnclok should have featured an Automatik kalibre. They better had partnered with Korum on this projekt. 🙈

13 hours ago, Sound Man said:

Linn have no plans to stop production of the Klimax DSM or Klimax Twin and Solo power amps. The rumour of the Solo class D power amp is false!

That is a very interesting comment. Curious to know where you got this information....

14 hours ago, CJ1045 said:

Personally I think the second hand prices will remain as they are as the new kit is so expensive (at least from what has leaked so far).  It seems to me that there will be two levels of Klimax kit now, Organik and Katalyst. 

CJ

Hope not. 50% reduction on current second hand prices would be ideal. Even better dealers may shift ex-demo kit at bargain prices: been a tough year: we need good news. My current kit would lose value, but you can’t make a cake and eat it and it’ll sound as good. 

My interest in cars is almost nil, but didn’t stop a local garage phoning to try to sell me a car. Discount was next to nothing despite claims they had great offers. No surprise they’re struggling. Doubt a retail boom is on the horizon unless prices drop significantly even if some commentators try to talk the economy up. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Nestor Turton said:

Hope not. 50% reduction on current second hand prices would be ideal.

I doubt it. There may be the odd “ bargain” initially, but I could actually see Klimax Katalyst products increasing in value.

’troll

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

I doubt it. There may be the odd “ bargain” initially, but I could actually see Klimax Katalyst products increasing in value.

’troll

Oh well, I’ll stay with what I have. I can’t see there being many sales if kit becomes even more expensive. I think lots of things need to reduce in price (houses,cars) for the UK economy to recover. There seems to be lots of kit for sale at the moment so my guess was consumers are resisting the temptation to buy. The great levelling up agenda?