We thought we knew streaming

Now on the website. Gilad’s only mentioned Organik being an available upgrade for the Klimax Exaktbox and Exakt 350s, although I don’t know whether to be annoyed or relieved at that!

https://www.linn.co.uk/uk/network-music-players/klimax-dsm-1

Just looked at the new web page....     "New Klimax DSM  Ultimate streamer  from £30,000"      FFS I've ordered a brand new GR Yaris for similar...  That is aground up homologation special built car. 

Nothing for me here........madness ...

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, 9designs said:

Just looked at the new web page....     "New Klimax DSM  Ultimate streamer  from £30,000"      FFS I've ordered a brand new GR Yaris for similar...  That is aground up homologation special built car. 

Nothing for me here........madness ...

Both Music and A/V variants are the same price £30k - can’t see why anyone would buy the Music one with fewer inputs.

’troll

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I'm sure there will be ppl who say the Audio only sounds better lol

But my goodness what a cheap looking unattractive box and good grief what a price.  Maybe it looks better in the flesh.  The pricing of the Exakt is smarter really as it is soooo much lass that it will force/entice more in to the Linn only route I suppose.  

Worst bit for me is that it will not I think lead to a lot of cheap KDSM on the market :)

Hope it sounds nice :)

• Upvote 1

If I may enjoy being right for a moment, I've said more than once that Klimax case sounds better because of acoustical (vibrations) isolation. It's a sound proof box. This was mentioned twice.

Other than that, nothing here for me.

• Like 1

Well, it’d have to perform twice as well as the present Klimax DS(M) fo justify a £30k price tag which, let’s face it, it won’t.  My lugs are 60 years old now so I doubt I’ll ever notice a difference anyway!  As for the look of the new DSM, well, I’m afraid I’m distinctly underwhelmed - at least compared to the outgoing model which I consider one of the most beautiful inanimate objects on Earth.

Sorry Linn, but my journey has ended.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, LinnPoverished said:

I'm sure there will be ppl who say the Audio only sounds better lol

But my goodness what a cheap looking unattractive box and good grief what a price.  Maybe it looks better in the flesh.  The pricing of the Exakt is smarter really as it is soooo much lass that it will force/entice more in to the Linn only route I suppose.  

Worst bit for me is that it will not I think lead to a lot of cheap KDSM on the market :)

Hope it sounds nice :)

Best bit for me is that it will not lead to a lot of cheap KDSM on the market!! ;)

I am not too excited by the double height look. 

CJ

Well, I calculate that if I put everything I own in storage and live in a cardboard box in the small field adjacent to the local rail yard for the next 5 years, I could save enough to buy one. 😳😂😂😂🥳

• Haha 4

I thought it was a polished presentation and happy to see familiar faces.

Glad to see Linn has some new exciting products and wishing great success for them.

I did notice that there was no mention of Akurate level as a DSM option moving forward, which is going to be interesting given there is no such thing as a Selekt speaker range.

• Like 1