We thought we knew streaming

Hmmm... a FPGA-dac, for 30k. A question one could ask  -  Is there such a big difference between a Linn Klimax DSM and Ps Audio Directstream Dac for 5k.... 

both are FPGA based, the PS Audio dac has won multipel awards, and it is upgradeable (a Number of upgrades has already occured...). 
The difference in Prince would cover the rest of the system, including a very nice LP12....

I could never afford a Klimax DSM so perhaps I’m just jelaous....

Well that was a waste of time, looks ok but prefer old model looks however £30k is plain ridiculous, or £15k for the system hub (of course would need to get the organik upgrade in exaktbox so probably another £10k)

I wonder where this is all going, can't see many of these being sold, i know they have to recover R&D costs but i worry for the future of Linn tbh.

Also worry about the future of Akurate - is it going to be scrapped in lieu of Selekt

• Like 4

The early emphasis in the presentation on EMI shielding and stability sounds like Linn have been listening to a certain personality on this forum.🧐

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Peacelord said:

Thank God for the second hand market. I will come into a Klimax exact dsm a few bop cheaper.

Maybe not.  Thats the "cheap" way in.  Klima Exakt System hub+ Organik Exaktbox would likely give 90% of full New klimax one might think as so much is about the Organik DAC which ..... won't be in the system hub I assume? 

• Like 1

Great looks! I like it. Build like a tank.

I will wait two years....for the Akurate Organik. 

Exaktly. Organik just needs to trickle down.

Possibly the DAC is retrofittable into the Select in 1-2 years.

Did anyone notice it states „services included: roon “ ?

I plan to create my own Organik DAC by feeding my Linn components, electricity generated by compost from organic vegetables 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, uk030 said:

Exaktly. Organik just needs to trickle down.

Possibly the DAC is retrofittable into the Select in 1-2 years.

Did anyone notice it states „services included: roon “ ?

DSMs already support Roon

6 minutes ago, Zig said:

As Gilad said this completes the new lineup of streamers for Linn:

• Klimax DSM
  • Selekt DSM
  • Majik DSM

Yes, I´m afraid this will be the end of the Akurate DS(M)....

7 minutes ago, Zig said:

• Klimax DSM
  • Selekt DSM
  • Majik DSM

Well, if the current Akurate Exaktboxes won’t be upgradeable I guess my Linn upgrading journey stops here.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Zig said:

• Klimax DSM
  • Selekt DSM
  • Majik DSM

I just checked the Linn website, and it lists the new Klimax Organik DSM already, with the price, but it also lists the Akurate DSM as well.

I guess, when Gilad mentioned the new lineup of streamers for Linn, he is referring to the new products with the knob on top, but it looks like Linn will continue to offer the Akurate level DSM, until a new variant of that comes out someday?

And it still won't sound as good as an LP12 ??????