We thought we knew streaming

Reminds me a bit of the CD12 styling but wish the knob was not on it or to the side of the front looks rubbish on the top when most KDSM owners have an LP12. Also the remote should do stuff not the box!

wonder how it supports the DSD on the audio only is it DOP or some usb stuff. No desire to run my PC as well. 

wireless is nice though. 

From an entirely personal point of view, I’m not yet that taken with the looks. I’ve always thought Klimax gear, up until now, looked elegant, which isn’t a word I’d apply to the new device.

However, no doubt it’ll look better in person, and I’ll look forward to hearing one, even if it’s far beyond my financial reach. I hope it sells well even if I can’t have one! 😁

Mick

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Oscar P. said:

Yes, I´m afraid this will be the end of the Akurate DS(M)....

Well, I know where to invest now... powerstrip, powercords, speaker cables, interlinks....or.... wait for the new Linn class D amp.....

3 minutes ago, delboy said:

The Selekt System Hub has replaced the Akurate System Hub for the 530 speakers which is now paired with the Akubariks and Doriks

So Akurate may not be dead

24 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Oh, and I stand by my previous comments on the looks - it’s hideous.:S

‘troll

It won't fit in my rack so I've decided not to buy one. 

• Haha 2

I don't remember last time I tried to use the control on my Akkurate SH. I'm not longing for a precision made disc on top of box. Not at all actually. Wonder if a Klimax Exaktbox upgrade let the DAC be as isolated as in the new chassis, and what about putting this sensitive dac in a more shaking and noisy speaker chassis. I'm a bit confused about the concept and the damping of the sensitivity that they have improved/is needed for with the new box.

See the new system hub doesn’t list DSD just up to 384 PCM

What a disappointment...

I think I haven’t seen a single positive feedback yet, time to get concerned LINN?
I think they missed the mark here, not the mention the hyperbole. Who is willing to pay that money for a Katalyst 2.0 in a shoe box with a knob?

i guess by upgrading the existing Klimax boards they will generate some cash flow over time, though. But I also guess that will need some heavy ‚promotions‘...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Shot a note to my dealer about the upgrade path...it looks like it is a trade-in, not an upgrade. I bought mine on the used market and here's what he had to say - 

"This new Organic DAC Klimax DSM looks to be pretty amazing, huh?  I’m glad their graphics people worked overtime to illustrate what it is all about.  Linn is outright saying that this outperforms a dCS Vivaldi, which is a pretty bold statement. 

We are in the process of finalizing the numbers for this and want to offer at least fair market value for your KDSM.  Since you got yours elsewhere, can you please provide me more info on the version, condition, and if you have the box/packing/accessories for it? "

I'd be surprised if they offer more than the price on the used market, but I could be wrong. Assuming that is true, unless they are discounting the retail price, if these start at $39K US, upgrading is gonna cost around $30K, which is too rich for my retired blood!

And, I agree, that the new box looks fugly and I don't need a display telling me what's playing. I like the original KDSM/KDS look (and I keep my display off). 

Chris

Linn may have designed the new Linn Klimax Organik Case with the vinyl groves on top of the case, and the 3 feet on the bottom, have created consciously or unconsciously, created the Linn logo in 3 dimensions.

Brilliant!!!

• Like 1

So if you want the ultimate source, get a Klimax DSM for $39k, or get a Majik LP12 for $5k. i did notice that it was not said that it outperforms an LP12.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

What a disappointment...

I think I haven’t seen a single positive feedback yet, time to get concerned LINN?
I think they missed the mark here, not the mention the hyperbole. Who is willing to pay that money for a Katalyst 2.0 in a shoe box with a knob?

i guess by upgrading the existing Klimax boards they will generate some cash flow over time, though. But I also guess that will need some heavy ‚promotions‘...

What makes you think they will be upgrading existing Klimax boards, other than in the Exaktbox and K350A speakers?

• Like 1