24 minutes ago, DoomHammer said:

Do I get it right that we should get similar improvement leaving the old Klimax DSM and adding Organik Exaktbox? Or am I missing something?

The organik will make the biggest difference, but the new hub also offers an improvement.

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to clear up some of the confusion on here, there is no Organik ADC.  The Organik is Linn's own DAC implementation with most of the pre-DAC processing done through an FPGA.  There was no mention o

The trade in program in the US has a subsidy from Linn of $7500 reduction in the retail of the new KDSM.  (Note the dealer doesn't get $7500 but their normal profit percentage of that $7500, so both L

I find it interesting that one or two folk here seem to think the only people buying the new KDSM are those with more money than sense, who’d only be buying one so they can lord it over friends, with

Posted Images

No there is a definite improvement

7 hours ago, formann said:

Kudos 707 speakers and a humble Majik4100 amp which was a couple of years old at least. My Akurate EDSM via Akurate Kat Exaktbox was not quite the same....

After I asked this question I red the same post on the Lejonklou forum figuring it was you. Nonetheless, what keeps sticking in my head is that this is all with the Majik amp in the chain...

5 hours ago, Suffolkboy said:

The organik will make the biggest difference, but the new hub also offers an improvement.

I have the new hub on order to replace my 8 mth old hub (2018 variant). That hub replaced a 2017 hub and it was one of the biggest upgrades I have experienced.  I would expect the new hub to be a big upgrade compared to a pre 2018 hub.  But how much better will it be compared to the 2018 variant hub I am using at present ?

I hope to find out soon !

• Like 6
5 hours ago, Pennypacker said:

After I asked this question I red the same post on the Lejonklou forum figuring it was you. Nonetheless, what keeps sticking in my head is that this is all with the Majik amp in the chain...

Agree the part with the amp. Could be that he did not have others in the shop? Hearing the speakers as I wrote on the other thread with Akurate Exaktbox I and AEDSM was uninvolving.  Have sort of lead me to the conclusion that Klimax Hub (old version) is on the saving list. Will however be interesting to compare with different hubs and different exaktboxes in the same shop later

1 hour ago, pdcman said:

Burning in nicely. 😊

20210421_205730.jpg

This does, for me at least, really emphasise the elegance of the previous gen.

• Like 6
45 minutes ago, sunbeamgls said:

This does, for me at least, really emphasise the elegance of the previous gen.

2 hours ago, pdcman said:

Burning in nicely. 😊

20210421_205730.jpg

It does look clunky compared to the rest of your kit. Can I ask, what is that, on the top left of the front panel? 

Edited by Billz
2 minutes ago, pdcman said:

It's a reflection, the front is practically a mirror. Quite difficult to photograph without showing one's crotch!

Haha. I agree with you, sound quality should be the No.1 priority.

From a purely aesthetic POV, if that were my setup (I wish ;-)) I would swap positions with the LP 12 (if cable management allowed).