We thought we knew streaming

I am also fortunate to have the privilege of auditioning. I can’t believe how much better it is just as a System Hub.

Power, control and loads of musicality. And it wasn’t bad before! Another level.

CF557754-53BC-447A-81DA-9B4823800788.thumb.jpeg.beee1f7206fb76956bec1a2e0cad935e.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Stu said:

I am also fortunate to have the privilege of auditioning. I can’t believe how much better it is just as a System Hub.

Power, control and loads of musicality. And it wasn’t bad before! Another level.

CF557754-53BC-447A-81DA-9B4823800788.thumb.jpeg.beee1f7206fb76956bec1a2e0cad935e.jpeg

How old was the system hub that you were comparing to the new hub ?  I just hope it was the 2018 variant as I know that is in a different league to the previous variant.

I am replacing my 2018 variant hub with the NG hub which I have on order and am hoping that it will be a magnitude better than my 2020 hub.

6 minutes ago, Flatcoat said:

How old was the system hub that you were comparing to the new hub ?  I just hope it was the 2018 variant as I know that is in a different league to the previous variant.

I am replacing my 2018 variant hub with the NG hub which I have on order and am hoping that it will be a magnitude better than my 2020 hub.

2016 variant.

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Thank you for the Next Gen System Hub update.  Are your two Klimax Exaktboxes still at Katalyst level; so the only change was the version of Klimax System Hub?

16 minutes ago, ToddH said:

Thank you for the Next Gen System Hub update.  Are your two Klimax Exaktboxes still at Katalyst level; so the only change was the version of Klimax System Hub?

Yes, still at Katalyst level.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stu said:

I can’t believe how much better it is just as a System Hub

I assume you mean in digital streaming mode. You didn’t happen to listen to a Urika II equipped LP12 did you?

11 hours ago, akamatsu said:

I assume you mean in digital streaming mode. You didn’t happen to listen to a Urika II equipped LP12 did you?

Whilst predominantly streaming in the time I’ve had it, I can confirm LP’s via Urika II and CD’s from CD12 digi out via toslink also benefit 😀. So musically engaging on all sources.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Stu said:

When we're allowed out to play, it would be great to catch up Stu, at your place!  :)

• Like 1

Just now, sunbeamgls said:

When we're allowed out to play, it would be great to catch up Stu, at your place!  :)

Absolutely.

• Like 1

Just now, Stu said:

Absolutely.

Did you feel the need to tweak SO?

Just now, sunbeamgls said:

Did you feel the need to tweak SO?

None. Thankfully all of the SOv2 profiles loaded up once we added speaker and Exaktbox info and chose the room. Ive been using the profile I regarded as best using the old hub. I’ve not had the urge to tweak. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sunbeamgls said:

Please invite me as well. 😊

Stu’s Linn system is one of the best I have ever heard.

I would love to hear it gain with the new Next Gen Klimax DSM 

5 hours ago, Stu said:

Whilst predominantly streaming in the time I’ve had it, I can confirm LP’s via Urika II and CD’s from CD12 digi out via toslink also benefit 😀. So musically engaging on all sources.

This is getting to be very interesting indeed. I don't know why I bother fretting over all this. I know that I will be getting the system hub version.

Once you get the Organik DAC treatment for your Exaktboxes, you will hear the benefit of the better DACs, plus more of the benefit of the Klimax System Hub will be revealed. This will be the big upgrade.

1 hour ago, Paulssurround said:

Please invite me as well. 😊

Stu’s Linn system is one of the best I have ever heard.

I would love to hear it gain with the new Next Gen Klimax DSM 

Consider yourself invited, Paul. Now where did I put that Linn tea towel?...... :D

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Stu said:

Consider yourself invited, Paul. Now where did I put that Linn tea towel?...... :D

Thank you Stu,  😊

As I recall, the Linn tea towels, customized Linn mugs and other paraphernalia were supplied by Sunbeamgls 

‘I have a collection of Linn swag, including polo shirts and t-shirts