Prince Harold and Meghan

notaclue

On 09/03/2021 at 21:22, CnoEvil said:

I am trying to be objective. I am neither a full blooded Royalist, with a kitchen full of Souvenirs; or an out and out republican. I have respect for the Queen, but other Royals haven't covered themselves in Glory.

I have always quite liked Harry, especially as he has matured - and good on him for going against tradition by marrying who he did.

I think Meghan, as a successful, strong minded independent women - had little idea what she was letting herself in for, so was naïve. She parked her previous life and imv was ready to throw herself into this roll....but nobody - and I include Harry in this - prepared her for the life she was about to embark on.

I think they could have coped with a lot, but when the relentless attacks by the press happened - which seemed to have a racist element - it became too much....and if her story is to be believed, was unable to get the help she needed. Harry had seen this story play out before.

I watched the interview, because I wouldn't have felt comfortable commenting without doing so. If half what they said is true - and looking at Meghan's portrayal in the press - I'm not surprised they left.....and good luck to them. I also realise there will be another side to the story, that I am not party to.

The Royals had a chance with Meghan, to change a bit and appeal to a whole new audience.....but atm they are what they are and not for changing. The Queen has put service above all else....and I don't think Meghan was prepared for that, especially as she felt she was not shielded and left to fend for herself.

Bridges have now been burned and an opportunity missed.

my respect for the queen has diminished, not that she cares..I would imagine in the queens privileged position a burnt bridge is of little consequence..and the opportunity for grasping remains unhindered..

2 hours ago, Nearly bewildered said:

my respect for the queen has diminished, not that she cares..I would imagine in the queens privileged position a burnt bridge is of little consequence..and the opportunity for grasping remains unhindered..

I don't know if you watched the interview, but the Queen came out of it very favourably.

My guess, is like almost all Grandmothers, she cares deeply. It's very easy to forget this is a human story at its core.

• Like 1

On the positive note of the interview, yes the Queen came out of it very favourably and Harry went out of his way to confirm to Oprah that the words in relation to colour of skin of future baby was not uttered by the Queen nor Prince Philip.  It sort of invites us to speculate what exactly were the attitudes within the 'firm' and held by whom?  Its a pity that off the cuff honest interviews do not exist anymore and we have just the heavily contrived interview with Oprah Winfrey to go by ....

Edited by Stargazer

9D3ACEE5-F287-4A3C-9D0A-E567EFC588DE.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, darthvadersdad said:

9D3ACEE5-F287-4A3C-9D0A-E567EFC588DE.jpeg

this sums it up for me, trying to be a royal for maybe 10 mins as opposed to 70 years, and we are supposed to take the pair of them seriously snowflakes in the modern idiom, I want it all and I want it now and don't dare use any nasty words against us or we'll sulk

Edited by toms wait
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, toms wait said:

this sums it up for me, trying to be a royal for maybe 10 mins as opposed to 70 years, and we are supposed to tale them seriously and have sympathy with ginger and rogered. sorry harry and me-gain

👍

I have pretty well ignored all this but one bit has really annoyed me. I am no fan of Piers Morgan but he gets the sack for saying he does not believe Migraine. Then another presenter called Sharon Osbourne has been heavily criticised for daring to "support" Morgan by asking a co-presenter to explain which bit of Morgan's statement that he does not believe Migraine is racist.

Then we come to the crux of the matter. "Osbourne's statement followed criticism on social media that she had appeared to belittle a black woman's experiences of, and perspective on, racism"(https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56371826). Osbourne is now grovelling and furiously back peddling because she merely asked for an explanation of what was racilist in Morgan's comment.

Now I am against racism but that indicates that a black person's word can never be questioned and must be accepted or you are a racilist. That attitude will eventually cause a backlash and be counter productive in the struggle against racism.

Edited by Bit Perfect
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

With all these over sensitive reactions to matter of race; Voltaire comes to the rescue with this famous quote "“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”

Edited by Stargazer
  • Upvote 1

I refuse to recognise Elizabeth Windsor as Queen. I consider her an impostor. A usurper. 

King Harold and Queen Meghan are the true royals.

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, notaclue said:

I refuse to recognise Elizabeth Windsor as Queen. I consider her an impostor. A usurper. 

King Harold and Queen Meghan are the true royals.

Really? I think you are getting mixed up with The Royle Family......:D

• Haha 1

I don't know what to believe. I do know that the right-wing media have been attacking Meghan relentlessly, and I also know that they tend to attack anything or anyone good in this world. It could be they are right this time, but I remain sceptical.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fatmarley said:

I don't know what to believe. I do know that the right-wing media have been attacking Meghan relentlessly, and I also know that they tend to attack anything or anyone good in this world. It could be they are right this time, but I remain sceptical.

Pluto.

On 12/03/2021 at 14:34, Bit Perfect said:

I have pretty well ignored all this but one bit has really annoyed me. I am no fan of Piers Morgan but he gets the sack for saying he does not believe Migraine. Then another presenter called Sharon Osbourne has been heavily criticised for daring to "support" Morgan by asking a co-presenter to explain which bit of Morgan's statement that he does not believe Migraine is racist.

Then we come to the crux of the matter. "Osbourne's statement followed criticism on social media that she had appeared to belittle a black woman's experiences of, and perspective on, racism"(https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56371826). Osbourne is now grovelling and furiously back peddling because she merely asked for an explanation of what was racilist in Morgan's comment.

Now I am against racism but that indicates that a black person's word can never be questioned and must be accepted or you are a racilist. That attitude will eventually cause a backlash and be counter productive in the struggle against racism.

Welcome to the United Wokedom 2021, don't fret it is only going to get worse.:^