Run Espek with bi-amping

I received an Espek as a gift (for my sister). Now I would like to run it in bi-amping.
This is how it looks, see attachment. Do I have to have a different circuit board or can I also operate it in bi-amping? If so, how do I do that?

2021-03-08 11_04_58-Window.jpg

Posted (edited)

Ahh great, thank you very much for the help.

Edited by Johannes

I had Espeks some years ago and was impressed by how simple it was to change them between different configurations. I seem to recall Ninkas and at least one of the bookshelf ‘speakers around that time had similar plates..

Shame Linn no longer do that (as far as I’m aware - certainly my passive Akubariks don’t have plates like these).

Mick

42 minutes ago, MickC said:

I had Espeks some years ago and was impressed by how simple it was to change them between different configurations. I seem to recall Ninkas and at least one of the bookshelf ‘speakers around that time had similar plates..

Shame Linn no longer do that (as far as I’m aware - certainly my passive Akubariks don’t have plates like these).

Mick

Akubariks don't have the plates but are equally simple to convert by swapping 4 internal plugs.

• Like 1

Which is also better because every contact worsens the sound with the internal plugs, you could then solder them.

6 minutes ago, Johannes said:

Which is also better because every contact worsens the sound with the internal plugs, you could then solder them.

Yes, 350 non exakt, have an input socket on the passive crossover, then output sockets to relevant drivers, and a socket to 3k array......lots of soldering!

• Like 1

You may hear an improvement by also connecting with jump wires the terminals that are linked by the plates. I use my Espeks single wired and have added linking wires for a modest improvement.

I also recommend listening carefully to check if you prefer bi-amping to single amp, or not.

• Like 1

Thanks for the tip, I will try it.