Jump to content

Meridian T500 V3 Transport and 563 (modified to 566) DAC


radiant red
 Share

Recommended Posts

I Purchased this duo not that long ago and had every intention to keep them as they are superb!!! 
The 500 is the latest of the last versions  of this fantastic transport it has the VAM1202 transport and laser which is and has been ultra reliable but thinking I would be keeping this for longer, I did buy a backup laser/transport so this will last for years as I will include in the sale.
The DAC is the 563 but was modified by Meridian some years ago up to the 566 spec. I don’t have any paperwork for it but it can be seen by taking the top off.

Both units are in excellent condition. I have both original boxes and manual and will include the original VDH coax digital cable. 
 

Reason for sale is I’ve been offered a DAC I’ve liked but for a great price from one of my customers. 
 

These units are becoming really difficult to purchase in this condition with the boxes, especially the Transport and a V3 sold on eBay the other night for £550 with remote but no box, cable and no spare laser

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Meridian-500-CD-Transport-MK3-/154350969303?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

There is no remote however it’s an RC5 and my Sugden and Cambridge remote operates it easily 

I do not want to post the transport as I will not chance damage, so collection when possible. 
£750 for the pair. You won’t find better 

9E3F658A-7BB5-4AAD-ADC5-F28C958432DB.jpeg

27012F41-9473-4E43-979A-92170B5E3091.jpeg

7AC1F4CE-CD0B-4D26-B53E-F3823F75A85C.jpeg

819B73F0-A3FE-4088-A1AB-79FD03406C3F.jpeg

6B210F8D-D91E-41BE-ADE7-F2EB6EA52CF7.jpeg

45E2016B-DE24-40B0-8007-0226B5ED324C.jpeg

D4BD9A61-F19D-4606-B41D-E3D055F33501.jpeg

Edited by radiant red
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Metatron said:

Would you split them?

Not at this time unfortunately. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fair enough.

If you do decide to split, let me know as I'll be happy to buy the 500. I've had a Meridian acting as transport in the past and should never have sold it. At least I know how to service these too.

Other options I'm considering as a transport are the Cyrus CD XTse and Naim CD5XS, but I don't think either of these can be kept going. I like the idea of the Naim solely because it can act as a CD music source when I don't have a DAC, but the Meridian players and transports are hyper reliable and slick in operation.

GLWTS :^

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Metatron said:

Fair enough.

If you do decide to split, let me know as I'll be happy to buy the 500. I've had a Meridian acting as transport in the past and should never have sold it. At least I know how to service these too.

Other options I'm considering as a transport are the Cyrus CD XTse and Naim CD5XS, but I don't think either of these can be kept going. I like the idea of the Naim solely because it can act as a CD music source when I don't have a DAC, but the Meridian players and transports are hyper reliable and slick in operation.

GLWTS :^

The 563’s are easily fetching £350 so you could sell it. Because of the organic sound, they do work so well together. Thanks for the interest tho 👍🏻

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, radiant red said:

I Purchased this duo not that long ago and had every intention to keep them as they are superb!!! 
The 500 is the latest of the last versions  of this fantastic transport it has the VAM1202 transport and laser which is and has been ultra reliable but thinking I would be keeping this for longer, I did buy a backup laser/transport so this will last for years as I will include in the sale.
The DAC is the 563 but was modified by Meridian some years ago up to the 566 spec. I don’t have any paperwork for it but it can be seen by taking the top off.

Both units are in excellent condition. I have both original boxes and manual and will include the original VDH coax digital cable. 
 

Reason for sale is I’ve been offered a DAC I’ve liked but for a great price from one of my customers. 
 

These units are becoming really difficult to purchase in this condition with the boxes, especially the Transport and a V3 sold on eBay the other night for £550 with remote but no box, cable and no spare laser

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Meridian-500-CD-Transport-MK3-/154350969303?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

There is no remote however it’s an RC5 and my Sugden and Cambridge remote operates it easily 

I do not want to post the transport as I will not chance damage, so collection when possible. 
£750 for the pair. You won’t find better 

9E3F658A-7BB5-4AAD-ADC5-F28C958432DB.jpeg

27012F41-9473-4E43-979A-92170B5E3091.jpeg

7AC1F4CE-CD0B-4D26-B53E-F3823F75A85C.jpeg

819B73F0-A3FE-4088-A1AB-79FD03406C3F.jpeg

6B210F8D-D91E-41BE-ADE7-F2EB6EA52CF7.jpeg

45E2016B-DE24-40B0-8007-0226B5ED324C.jpeg

D4BD9A61-F19D-4606-B41D-E3D055F33501.jpeg

Lovely looking combo . Style and substance, I’d love em for the mancave but  the cost of Dianes wedding Diamond is going up daily every time I buy something..❤️💍

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, bigrod said:

Lovely looking combo . Style and substance, I’d love em for the mancave but  the cost of Dianes wedding Diamond is going up daily every time I buy something..❤️💍

Lol, yes, I will be in that situation soon again. Hence sorting out the Hifi first 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Ok, I have succumbed to selling the items separately and the 500 has SOLD so the DAC is available at £300 plus post. Remember this has been upgraded to a 566 spec and there is a standard 563 on eBay now at £349. It’s a great DAC with plenty of inputs and balanced out. Fully boxed in its original packaging 

Edited by radiant red
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm tempted but I simply don't need another DAC! Lovely bit of kit.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...