Any Thoughts on Posh Power cords

7 hours ago, Amormusic said:

Hahaha.

Not read any of this (and frankly can't be arsed). But 16 pages deep. Lol.

Pretty sure I aced it with post 2.

🤣🤣🤣

Currently Gerry Rafferty, Baker Street is playing loud as hell in my crib. Utter quality 👍👍👍

And now perhaps you can predict how and when COVID will end!! 👍👍

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's two very clear schools of thought on this... - It's all bollax and anyone that buys a power cord is deaf or deluded. Or - They (can and do) work. But not in all instances.

Oh joy. Another cable thread

I had my head examined once.....The Doc hit it a couple of times with a Serving Spoon and there was a hollow "thunk", like you would get from a Tabla style drum  - So he went to get his torch thingy f

Posted Images

And every sane persons, including any reviewer you'd ask 

As a reviewer, I am deeply offended by your implication that I might be sane.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
42 minutes ago, Beobloke said:

How do you cope with another cable review each time, like "what am I going to say about this one that is different and doesn't get me in trouble with the magazine shilling this company? How can I describe what it does when it's exactly the same as the last hundred I've reviewed but I still need to get some sad old pensioners to buy it somehow?" 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Beobloke said:

Your a reviewer!  Cool...can I ask you a serious question? Have I ever been wrong about anything re hifi...just wondered lol

Edited by Nearly bewildered
Wonderment
6 minutes ago, kernow said:

How do you cope with another cable review each time, like "what am I going to say about this one that is different and doesn't get me in trouble with the magazine shilling this company? How can I describe what it does when it's exactly the same as the last hundred I've reviewed but I still need to get some sad old pensioners to buy it somehow?" 

Sums it up for me..if you can get pensioners to part from their money..you would make a mint! Billions languishing in dilapidated or smart houses, whilst the owners argue over pennies..covid may release some of this vast untapped wealth..and the economy might have a resurgence and the smart and the stupid can buy hifi cables again...and those hostages to fortune ' the reviewers' can breathe a sigh of relief..and the game starts again...

9 hours ago, DomT said:

That’s why I never assumed anything in what I wrote. Carefully read what I wrote again. I never mentioned his system you did. And you are the one making assumptions. 😂😂😂

:doh: Actually no. This^^^ still applies to you by how you've interpreted things. I merely pointed out his post could be ambiguous and anybody might think it one way or the other, without mentioning you as committing that faux pas, just quoted you to show the ambiguity of subsequent posts which could be either use of "system" (as sound equipment or process). Hence why I was not directing at you, but generalising, when I said

19 hours ago, Metatron said:

Perhaps better if people clarify rather than assume what is meant. 

The entire context had become about "system", whatever context of the word that meant. It wasn't at all clear which was meant when people continued posting, as to which they were thinking. And that ambiguity, applied to your post too, so was entirely valid to say so.

1 hour ago, Beobloke said:

Don't worry Adam. Most of us are fully aware of the truth.

• Like 2

In all seriousness, the last cable review I did was about 13 years ago. I consider it to be the low point of my reviewing career and I have refused to review cables of any sort ever since.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Your a reviewer!  Cool...can I ask you a serious question? Have I ever been wrong about anything re hifi...just wondered lol

Pretty much everything, sadly. I’ve just been too polite to mention it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

While this thread is merely 17 pages long may I ask a serious question?

Do people buy super expensive power leads for their AV equipment?

Surely an improved picture on a TV could be unequivocally shown to be the result of using a £1000 sooper dooper power chord with a bit of A-B testing.... if that was a likely outcome?

:pop::minikev:

The golden rule is to never tell the wife that you sold the t.v. lead to buy her new kitchen.

• Like 1
Just now, garn63 said:

The golden rule is to never tell the wife that you sold the t.v. lead to buy her new kitchen.

I avoided telling herself, that I sold the kitchen, to buy a new TV lead. 9_9

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ClassikFan said:

Do people buy super expensive power leads for their AV equipment?

I understand so, if other forums, magazines, and customer reviews on seller’s sites like Russ Andrew’s can be believed.  Quite often nearby equipment can generate unwanted noise or interference that was visible in pictures, or even create dots or flashes.  These can be reduced or eliminated with suitable cables, apparently.  

And as you infer, it’s more obvious on a picture than with sound only. 

• Like 1