DELAYED Cornish Bake-off Sunday 26th September 2021

radiant red

I would love to visit but will not sleep over if that’s ok?  Thanks

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to come, but if allowed, I should be cruising the Med. if foreign travel is still off then I will be there, no need for a bedroom 

Jessica xx

I’ll be on this once moved. Let’s just say that this week has been rather busy with packing etc, loads going on and still have two cars to sell from next week. 
Mrs not happy as I have another half built turntable on the table 😂

• Haha 3

• 1 month later...

I may have to delay this, will keep all informed. So far we are a month and a half behind on move due to incompetence on vendors solicitor so we haven’t moved yet! Hopefully in the next two weeks or someone is gonna get a bill for stamp duty! 

• Sad 1

So bloody annoying. These clowns know the Stamp Duty end date but still can't get themselves in order. 

• radiant red changed the title to DELAYED Cornish Bake-off Sunday 26th September 2021

Guys,Gals, I’m going to have to delay this bake off due to the delay in moving in. We are two months behind due to the 4th in the chain messing everything up. I’m now also facing stamp duty 1000’s of people are in the same situation but I gave up my job as did my Mrs thinking from the info provided, we would be in by now. 
The way the house sale process is, needs to change and full of bulshitters.

will keep all informed 

• Sad 1

Best of luck mate, it's a stressful enough process when it goes well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, myles said:

Best of luck mate, it's a stressful enough process when it goes well.

Honestly mate, I appreciate that it’s a scramble before the end of the stamp duty holiday but I agreed the house mid Feb! 
trying to communicate with all involved has been a complete nightmare to the point of throwing the towel in but if I did that, I’d be in the same situation again and more months paying rent. If I had my way, the end of the chain should pay everyone’s stamp duty for being a messer.

• Upvote 2

I had the opposite experience I moved out of my house on 30th June 2020 even though our new build house had not been finished but we were being pressurised by our buyers.  They had agreed to buy our house mid February 2020 just before the lockdown. As you can imagine with lockdown, removal companies not working, dumps, charity shops being closed and solicitors being furloughed it was not easy but as soon as the go ahead was given to move house they wanted us out. We could not even rent a holiday cottage so we moved in with my son against the rules.

Imagine my delight when on the 8th July the Stamp Duty holiday was introduced, we saved 15K my buyer was not quite so lucky.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, AntA said:

I had the opposite experience I moved out of my house on 30th June 2020 even though our new build house had not been finished but we were being pressurised by our buyers.  They had agreed to buy our house mid February 2020 just before the lockdown. As you can imagine with lockdown, removal companies not working, dumps, charity shops being closed and solicitors being furloughed it was not easy but as soon as the go ahead was given to move house they wanted us out. We could not even rent a holiday cottage so we moved in with my son against the rules.

Imagine my delight when on the 8th July the Stamp Duty holiday was introduced, we saved 15K my buyer was not quite so lucky.

More difficult this end bud, vendors are in their 70’s with a 97 year old mother and I’ve tried to speed it up but it’s not them that’s the main issue. The house is perfect for us for the next 5 years but stamp duty is a major dent in the finances especially for the kitchen 

1 minute ago, radiant red said:

More difficult this end bud, vendors are in their 70’s with a 97 year old mother and I’ve tried to speed it up but it’s not them that’s the main issue. The house is perfect for us for the next 5 years but stamp duty is a major dent in the finances especially for the kitchen 

You do have my sympathy, my wife and I have moved house 12 times in 38 years and none of them have been easy. This time was the worse though, not just Covid but we found that our garage had been registered to our next door neighbour on the Land Registry plans. You can imagine how difficult that was to sort out. Fortunately we got on well with our neighbour if we hadn't he could have legally kept our garage.

It really is a bugger you could not get the sale completed before the end of June but I'm sure it will all be worth it when you move into your lovely new home.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AntA said:

You do have my sympathy, my wife and I have moved house 12 times in 38 years and none of them have been easy. This time was the worse though, not just Covid but we found that our garage had been registered to our next door neighbour on the Land Registry plans. You can imagine how difficult that was to sort out. Fortunately we got on well with our neighbour if we hadn't he could have legally kept our garage.

It really is a bugger you could not get the sale completed before the end of June but I'm sure it will all be worth it when you move into your lovely new home.

The industry needs a general shake up tho. My solicitor didn’t even know there was a fourth in the chain until a few weeks ago! All solicitors should be made aware of everyone in the chain as a legal requirement so we all know where we stand. How on earth can you make proper arrangements with schools, work and removals with no notice or estimate of completion.

2 minutes ago, radiant red said:

The industry needs a general shake up tho. My solicitor didn’t even know there was a fourth in the chain until a few weeks ago! All solicitors should be made aware of everyone in the chain as a legal requirement so we all know where we stand. How on earth can you make proper arrangements with schools, work and removals with no notice or estimate of completion.

I thought all solicitors should know everyone in the chain. Your estate agent should also find that sort of information out. Honestly I agree the system is definitely flawed. My Mrs was a legal secretary for several years and she knows all about conveyancing, fortunately because she knows how it all works she chases up people up and down the chain and sorts out solicitors\estate agents who are sitting on the arses. Her knowledge has saved us so much hassle over the years. She can be a bit ferocious at times and can make grown men cry. :D 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AntA said:

I thought all solicitors should know everyone in the chain. Your estate agent should also find that sort of information out. Honestly I agree the system is definitely flawed. My Mrs was a legal secretary for several years and she knows all about conveyancing, fortunately because she knows how it all works she chases up people up and down the chain and sorts out solicitors\estate agents who are sitting on the arses. Her knowledge has saved us so much hassle over the years. She can be a bit ferocious at times and can make grown men cry. :D 

Agreed, The law needs changing. I know if I moved the goal posts on price at last minute, the vendors would pull out as they are in no rush. I told my landlady we would be out around mid May and her daughter has cancelled her rent on a flat to move in here, atm, she is out and living with her mum. They have been good but I know I’ll get a months notice soon. 

5 minutes ago, radiant red said:

Agreed, The law needs changing. I know if I moved the goal posts on price at last minute, the vendors would pull out as they are in no rush. I told my landlady we would be out around mid May and her daughter has cancelled her rent on a flat to move in here, atm, she is out and living with her mum. They have been good but I know I’ll get a months notice soon. 

I hadn't realised you were in rented accommodation at the moment, that does complicate things if your rental period is coming to and end. Problem is most rentals are a minimum of 6 months and holiday lets are sky high prices at the moment. Can you stay with friends?