Lurches' Off the Leash at last, Southcoast Bake-off, (PART 2) Sunday 4th July (PO19)

Following the rather rapid completion of the attendee list and a VERY healthy subs bench for the 20th of June BO, I have decided to do a 2nd one.

Sunday 4/07/21.   10:00 - 20:00ish

I can accommodate 10 - 12 bodies + Jack (NSM) may open his kennel (upstairs) for a couple more. 

The usual set up, with my rig in room 1 and then the playroom for whatever you want. 

Playroom currently equipped with:

401/RB250/A&R P77 Mg

Marantz CD63 SE (mk1) 

Cambridge C50 & 2x A50s 

KEF 104ab 

Happy to repeat the DD, Idler, Belt drive tt battle from BO #1 but need a belt drive tt to complete the set. 

My now famous extra crispy Maris Piper Chips will make a brief appearance (you gutty buggers) & possibly some fish fingers. 

NEWBIES ALWAYS WELCOME 

Attendees 

Maybaza

Glen

Joolz

Shakey_Studioincar

Ian b

Jules_S 

Ward

Jessica_k 

Snoopdog 

Maverick 

karma67

Monitor Gold Ten

Kit List. 

Simon Yorke Designs Zarathustra - S44 special. 

B.A.T. Vk5i. 

John Wood KT88. 

Paradise Phono. 

Audio Innovations S500

Edited by Lurch
Add kit/Attendees
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi jules i’m the second owner of the z having bought it in the latter part of last year, it’s a one-off three armed z, the previous owner had it specially commissioned by Simon yorke many moons a

Great stuff looking forward to the 4/7/21 so far the equipment I’ll bringing along with me my belt driven tt -  (Simon Yorke Designs Zarathustra - S44 special) My preamp - B.A.T. Vk5

Posted Images

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

@joolz @Ian b @Shakey_Studioincar @Jules_S

Have moved you guys from the subs bench of BO #1 to the main list for BO #2, hopefully the date is okay for all of you.

5 minutes ago, mayebaza said:

emoji1474.png

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

You now need to nag Oli to get his butt down here :D

Great stuff looking forward to the 4/7/21

so far the equipment I’ll bringing along with me

my belt driven tt -  (Simon Yorke Designs Zarathustra - S44 special)

My preamp - B.A.T. Vk5i (as jack NSM asked)

so that’s the tt set complete for bo#2 

• Like 1

Great stuff, Ian. The B.A.T. is apt (4th July).

Jack

2 hours ago, Ian b said:

Great stuff looking forward to the 4/7/21

so far the equipment I’ll bringing along with me

my belt driven tt -  (Simon Yorke Designs Zarathustra - S44 special)

My preamp - B.A.T. Vk5i (as jack NSM asked)

so that’s the tt set complete for bo#2 

If this is the same Zarathustra I'm thinking of, it featured in a Hi-Fi Choice "Collection" issue back in the early 90's. In the same issue was my beloved Oxford Crystal Reference. Wish I still had the magazine, but it got buzzed out decades ago. I confess I always wanted to hear the Z - gorgeous looking thing. The Pluto arm is a work of art! 

Looking forward to the resumption of sociability and hearing new music!

6 hours ago, Jules_S said:

If this is the same Zarathustra I'm thinking of, it featured in a Hi-Fi Choice "Collection" issue back in the early 90's. In the same issue was my beloved Oxford Crystal Reference. Wish I still had the magazine, but it got buzzed out decades ago. I confess I always wanted to hear the Z - gorgeous looking thing. The Pluto arm is a work of art! 

Looking forward to the resumption of sociability and hearing new music!

Hi jules

i’m the second owner of the z having bought it in the latter part of last year, it’s a one-off three armed z, the previous owner had it specially commissioned by Simon yorke many moons ago 

the three arms on it are

2x - Simon yorke designs, one of which is the prototype for the other 

and a - sme 309

I currently have two cartridges on the tt which I’m borrowing from my dad “ward” a 

Benz micro mc3 - vandenhul modified

and a

Ortofon jubilee 

but I’m on the lookout for a nice mc cartridge to come up for sale 

ian

• Like 2

Got a picture of this truly exceptional and iconic turntable with the 3 arms, Ian?

Must say that those who missed the boat for the first date, and who love their vinyl playback, can consider themselves very lucky to be seeing the Zarathrustra. Every cloud has a silver lining..

Jack NSM

28 minutes ago, Non-Smoking Man said:

Got a picture of this truly exceptional and iconic turntable with the 3 arms, Ian?

Must say that those who missed the boat for the first date, and who love their vinyl playback, can consider themselves very lucky to be seeing the Zarathrustra. Every cloud has a silver lining..

Jack NSM

253C89CF-EFA2-4EB5-9AD1-4378760BA142.jpeg

• Like 4

Amazing!

Jack NSM

253C89CF-EFA2-4EB5-9AD1-4378760BA142.thumb.jpeg.686347f9dacda1dc0dc9a864dfe75e6d.jpeg

Ooooo, that quite something!
1 hour ago, Beobloke said:

Ooooo, that quite something!

Well get yer name down & come along on the 4th then Adam. 

Really disappointed to be missing your bake-off Lurch, would have loved to come along with my eldest Ian-B but happy to let him bring along anything from my equipment list if it is in the UK, we are hoping to finally get to our place in France for a few weeks for the first time in almost a full twelve months.

5 hours ago, Ian b said:

253C89CF-EFA2-4EB5-9AD1-4378760BA142.jpeg

That is a thing of absolute joy and beauty, Ian! I cannot wait to see / hear it in action. Roll on Independence Day! 

Thanks to NSM for pointing me here, hopefully one day I’ll make it to a bake off and bring my upgraded MUSE 300 mono blocks for a play and comparison. Would be good to see how they compare to other amps including NSMs own 300 Mk2s.