Lurches' Off the Leash at last, Southcoast Bake-off, (PART 2) Sunday 4th July (PO19)

Hi John,

Given the revisions just announced to the date for permitted international travel can you please include me if you have any spaces left for your second bake-off

Thanks - Ward.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi jules i’m the second owner of the z having bought it in the latter part of last year, it’s a one-off three armed z, the previous owner had it specially commissioned by Simon yorke many moons a

Great stuff looking forward to the 4/7/21 so far the equipment I’ll bringing along with me my belt driven tt -  (Simon Yorke Designs Zarathustra - S44 special) My preamp - B.A.T. Vk5

Posted Images

Added

On 19/03/2021 at 18:56, Lurch said:

Following the rather rapid completion of the attendee list and a VERY healthy subs bench for the 20th of June BO, I have decided to do a 2nd one.

Sunday 4/07/21.   10:00 - 20:00ish

I can accommodate 10 - 12 bodies + Jack (NSM) may open his kennel (upstairs) for a couple more. 

The usual set up, with my rig in room 1 and then the playroom for whatever you want. 

Playroom currently equipped with:

401/RB250/A&R P77 Mg

Marantz CD63 SE (mk1) 

Cambridge C50 & 2x A50s 

KEF 104ab 

Happy to repeat the DD, Idler, Belt drive tt battle from BO #1 but need a belt drive tt to complete the set. 

My now famous extra crispy Maris Piper Chips will make a brief appearance (you gutty buggers) & possibly some fish fingers. 

NEWBIES ALWAYS WELCOME 

Attendees 

Maybaza

Glen

Joolz

Shakey_Studioincar

Ian b

Jules_S 

Ward

Kit List. 

Simon Yorke Designs Zarathustra - S44 special

B.A.T. Vk5i 

class A headfi activator + Sennheiser HE60 (baby Orpheus) electrostatic headphones

• 2 weeks later...

Though I am down to come to the part1, if there is space I would like to come to the part2 as well.  I do not take up much room!!

Not a problem if it fills up, put me at the bottom of the list

Jessica xx

Happy to put you on the list for a 2nd visit. 

Hi John

Room for another and if so, do you mind if I bring some surplus vinyl for sale?

Will stick you on the list Steve, be good to see you again. And yep bring your excess vinyl with you, I will probably buy a few anyway. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

ive posted in your other bake off thread but can do this one if the other ones full up, i can bring a paradise phono stage, a john wood kt88 valve amp and maybe my sony tts-8000 turntable.

cheers,

j.

Will stick you on the list. 

Amp and phono definitely, maybe save the tt for next time as have my Bardo + 401 and a 3 arm Simon York Zarathustra coming along. 

Posted (edited)
On 01/05/2021 at 09:28, Lurch said:

Will stick you on the list. 

Amp and phono definitely, maybe save the tt for next time as have my Bardo + 401 and a 3 arm Simon York Zarathustra coming along. 

That's assuming the Bardo arrives back at Lurch towers somewhen in the next month or so. According to the importer (Symmetry Audio) who've been monitoring its return from repair at Brinkmann via UPS, its still in Germany and has been static (according to the tracking website) for the last 3.5 weeks. :nerves::nerves:So I'm having to slum it at the moment with the 401/Conqueror/ML ensemble. 

Edited by Lurch

No worries Lurch I will give your 401 a boost with my Longdog Audio Quartz Turntable PSU MKII

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, mayebaza said:

No worries Lurch I will give your 401 a boost with my Longdog Audio Quartz Turntable PSU MKII emoji1531.png

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

He is being a touch precious is our John Barrington, the 401 sounds superb as it is & would be an "end game" turntable for many.

Good morning all! Look forward to catching up with you all! I'll be jabbed up by then too! 👍 👍 👍 

I'll bring Audrey as well. A rare day out for my Amplifier... 

See you then! 

PS. I'll try and build a Cake, possibly a Series 101 Variant. 

😎😎😎

Gents and Lady, reading Non Smoking Man's thread on phono stages in 2 channel, I wonder is it worth me also bringing along a standard MM only EAR 834P and Graham Slee Elevator EXP to give some idea of just how much can be gained in SQ compared to an already well respected starting point?

Edited by Ward
Forgot Jessica is attending.