Lurches' Off the Leash at last, Southcoast Bake-off, (PART 2) Sunday 4th July (PO19)

Go for it Ward. 

If my Bardo actually gets back from Germany in time (sat with UPS in Germany nearly 5 bloody weeks now) then the 401 will only be running an RB250/A&R P77Mg and be good to see how good the mm stage in my 80s Cambridge C50 is compared to a good stand-alone mm stage. Could even get my MFA SUT plumbed into the 834 to see what happens. 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi jules i’m the second owner of the z having bought it in the latter part of last year, it’s a one-off three armed z, the previous owner had it specially commissioned by Simon yorke many moons a

Great stuff looking forward to the 4/7/21 so far the equipment I’ll bringing along with me my belt driven tt -  (Simon Yorke Designs Zarathustra - S44 special) My preamp - B.A.T. Vk5

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Lurch said:

Go for it Ward. 

If my Bardo actually gets back from Germany in time (sat with UPS in Germany nearly 5 bloody weeks now) then the 401 will only be running an RB250/A&R P77Mg and be good to see how good the mm stage in my 80s Cambridge C50 is compared to a good stand-alone mm stage. Could even get my MFA SUT plumbed into the 834 to see what happens. 

Will do then, it will also be an interesting comparison between the Graham Slee Elevator and your SUT allowing for the fact that the Slee has extensive switching for correct loading.

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, karma67 said:

just thought id check but will there be any mc cartridges being used as my paradise is mc only

Maybe a sut could be used if anyone brings one ?

41 minutes ago, karma67 said:

just thought id check but will there be any mc cartridges being used as my paradise is mc only

Yep I'm running an ML on the Bardo + Jessica has an Art9 on the VP12. May also have an MC on the 401 by then if anything nice! But cheap comes up on fleabay. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I should have 3 mc cartridges on the z,

:-  Benz micro mc3 - vandenhul modified

:-  ortofon jubilee 

and I’ve just thoroughly treated myself today and bought this 😊

5563644F-876A-4B26-A261-24B45F2A6327.jpeg

• Like 1
On 19/05/2021 at 17:32, karma67 said:
11 minutes ago, Ian b said:

I should have 3 mc cartridges on the z,

:-  Benz micro mc3 - vandenhul modified

:-  ortofon jubilee 

and I’ve just thoroughly treated myself today and bought this 😊

5563644F-876A-4B26-A261-24B45F2A6327.jpeg

Ooohhhh, Nice. 

The latest on my erant Bardo is that after 8 weeks!!! With UPS, and no delivery or UPS having any knowledge of the actual location of it or 3 other tt/arm packages in the same consignment (total value £59k) Brinkmann have declared the whole consignment lost and have stuck in an insurance claim. 

In the meantime they are making me another chassis which hopefully should be despatched (via FedEx) Thursday/Friday next week. It will obviously be touch and go for the Bardo to be inplace for BO pt1. However assuming FedEx don't lose it or UK customs don't spend to long with their fingers up their butt it should be inplace for BO pt2. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

John, if you get stuck for something and don't mind temporarily whacking a better cartridge on it, you're welcome to borrow my Voyd for BO Pt. 1 (and it's got your old arm on it after all!). Don't think my 1042 will cut the mustard in such elevated company!

Cheers Jules. 

If push comes to shove, which I think it will, then I will use the 401/Conqueror/ML in the main rig for PT1. The Bardo should be here for PT2 according to the latest info from the importer following Brinkmann making me a brand new chassis. If it's not then someone will be able to scratch their nuts by putting a finger in their mouth. 

Mind you PT1 & 2 are in the balance at the moment.

It depends what hogshit bellend Boris comes up with on Monday as to whether they go ahead or have to be postponed. 

Edited by Lurch