It is a rainy morning, and I figure it is time to create a to do list, and check off some items today, while listening to music.

‘It has been a while since I have checked , so I plan to:

‘Tighten all the bolts on my HiFi stand, clean all the shelves, vacuum behind the stand and speakers

‘Check the torque settings on all my speakers drivers, check that the speakers are still level and that the measurements entered into SO are correct.

‘Check all of my cables for cable management and possibly reroute some cables to get better separation.

‘Update Konfig, iPhone, iPad and iMac if required, and check the measurements in Space Optimisation.

Manage my music collection on the NAS, and the physical media especially the DVD Audio and SACD collection.

Reorganise and consolidate all my HiFi accessories and tools in one area for easy access. It is surprising how many things I have collected.

‘See if there is anything to sell off that I don’t need anymore?

I usually start with the last one on your list - and then put it in the loft space instead (for the day that I might need it of course)!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dasher said:

I usually start with the last one on your list - and then put it in the loft space instead (for the day that I might need it of course)!

So far, I have accomplished nothing on my list. 

‘It’s clearing up, so I went for a bike ride. 

Maybe I’ll tackle the list tomorrow? 😂

What’s on your list?

26 minutes ago, Paulssurround said:

What’s on your list?

Today it was clean and polish the Porsche  - maybe prior to selling as it won't fit in the loft space (I'm sitting with AutoTrader in front of me - -and I'm definitely not allowed two)!

...and no, it definitely isn't in order to finance Linn's latest tease  -the only organik that I'm considering involves hydrokarbons and burning them in the presence of oxygen!

Bike tomorrow for me but I'm getting a bit fed up of the trails to be found by 'staying local' - roll on 12th April !

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Andyt916 said:

First Covid jab tomorrow.

Me too. 2 pm. Moderna. I'll be fully immune by May 2.

• Like 3

I'm thinking of buying an antibody test - just to check the bloody thing has worked!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, akamatsu said:

Me too. 2 pm. Moderna. I'll be fully immune by May 2.

Hopefully one step closer to opening the border 😊

18 hours ago, Dasher said:

Today it was clean and polish the Porsche  - maybe prior to selling as it won't fit in the loft space (I'm sitting with AutoTrader in front of me - -and I'm definitely not allowed two)!

...and no, it definitely isn't in order to finance Linn's latest tease  -the only organik that I'm considering involves hydrokarbons and burning them in the presence of oxygen!

Bike tomorrow for me but I'm getting a bit fed up of the trails to be found by 'staying local' - roll on 12th April !

If you sell the Porsche, you can buy a few more guitars. Do you still have the Land Rover?
With a late afternoon surge of energy, I worked on cable management from my to do list.

Well worth the effort, with cable ties and Velcro .    😊

Edited by Paulssurround

Yes the Defender is a keeper as there's nothing really to replace it. They'll ban the use of diesel before that goes. The 911 will be replaced - currently the subject of budget negotiation with Tracey. Downside is that I'll finally lose cassette and so one imminent project is to look at putting a cassette head unit in the Defender (and some serious necessary amplification to be able to hear it!

Guitars are different - they are outside of budget management!!

Cable management is therapeutic and can have perceived rewards! I suspect that the most beneficial cable management project that I can undertake is to hard wire ethernet cable around the house. The Ethernet over Mains is soooo darned noisy. A summer project though!

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Paulssurround said:

Hopefully one step closer to opening the border 😊

Trudeau was talking about vaccine passports. I just got jabbed.

13 minutes ago, akamatsu said:

Hi Michael, hope your jab experience was good. I had my first one today - AstraZeneca - and cannot fault the the whole experience. The setup and organisation was exemplary!

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, Andyt916 said:

Hi Michael, hope your jab experience was good. I had my first one today - AstraZeneca - and cannot fault the the whole experience. The setup and organisation was exemplary!

It was great! My appointment was at 2 pm, needle in at 2:08. Fifteen minutes later I'm driving home. I get the second on April 25. I'm not feeling any side effects. I'm a little spaced out, but nothing out of the ordinary. :D

Thanks for stepping up and being part of the solution.

Edited by akamatsu
  • Like 2
8 hours ago, akamatsu said:

Great news. I hope it opens the border and life gets back to normal for you, and the rest of us.  😊

‘I heard on the news tonight, that I may not be eligible for the vaccine until sometime later in April

• Like 1