linn black rca vs bluejeans lc-1

Anyone who compared those rca's ? I want to make a secondary system consisting of quad 34/306 components and linn pekin /genki and a streamer as sources. Would I invest in additional blacks or bluejeans rca's to link all those together?

Thanks for your opinions

I am not familiar with Linn Blacks, but I find the Linn Silvers superb. I use Blue Jeans Cables Ethernet cables and really like those. However, if I needed some RCAs then I’d go for these 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/RCA-Cable-Pair-Interconnect-Directional-Gold/dp/B074FSWGRV

Inexpensive Canare cables - I use Canare XLRs and Coax in my Chord System and cannot speak highly enough of the quality and performance. These cables are popular in recording studios. 

You may be able to source Canare cables from BJC; I’m fairly sure you can specify Canare RCAs. Canare is a cable manufacturer rather than an assembly shop. 

Sorry it is not quite the comparison you asked for and I have no experience of Quad amplification, but Canare work well with Linn and Chord Electronics so should be fine with Quad. 

• Like 2

I've not tried the specific comparison either but the Linn Blacks are probably the best low cost cables that I've ever used (and I do have some low cost Blue Jeans RCAs). I was very sceptical of the changes that cables can bring - and to an extent still am - but without a shadow of a doubt the Silvers are a huge step cup on the Black. Having said that, I used Linn blacks with a Genki, Pekin, Kairn for years and had no complaints about doing so. Linn Blacks are an easy experiment - under £25 used off eBay - if you don't like them then just stick them back on and re-sell them!

• Like 1

Never heard the BJC RCA, but IME the Blacks are hugely disapponting compared to the Silvers

M.

I use Deltron RCAs (product code 321-0500) and I can recommend them (if you can find them).

Nothing fancy, just basic studio quality.

For interconnect I use Gotham GAC cable.

I make my own soldering since I use XLR to RCA.

In my system, I found these "cheap" studio cables and RCA much better soundwise than Linn Blacks and Linn RCAs.

It can be worth a try, compared to "audiophile" cables and connectors, these are almost free.  

• Like 1

I have one pair of Linn Silvers, and the rest blacks in my surround system. If I needed new interconnects today, I would most likely just order from Blue Jeans cable, plug them in, then wonder if they sound better than Linn blacks, for about 15 seconds. Then I would just forget about the question and just enjoy.

I replaced my Linn Blacks with BJ LC-1s and my only complaint is that I bought them a tad shorter than what I really needed. Better than blacks though and easier to remove. They won't pry off the RCA jack from your amp!!!

• Like 1

I use both Linn Blacks and BJ LC-1s but never decided to compare the two. System sounds just fine. 

• Like 1