I decided to start this thread, so when I wake up here in Asia there will be one central repository for the scuttlebutt. 

Linn has engineered an all new FPGA DAC for its latest Klimax level streamers. Now enclosed in an elegant aluminum casework with two internal levels to accommodate (and isolate) more circuit boards, and it features the now signature top mounted volume control. This new unit has greater connectivity options than the previous generation, and has the option of multi-channel decoding for surround, but at this moment no Atmos. At present this new Organik architecture will only be available as an upgrade for existing equipment owners on Klimax level gear for the foreseeable future. 

Edited by Jail4CEOs2
  • Like 2
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I find it amusing to observe all of the complaints and criticism being leveled against Linn, and very little seeming support from anyone other than the usual suspects. With respect to the complai

Hi Interesting to watch and great to see some of my friends at Linn Products (haven't seen anyone for years). I had previously speculated (both on the old Linn forum and directly to other Linn ow

My neighbour has owned both Ferrari & McLaren. I did ask him if he was going to upgrade to a nice quiet electric car. Personally, I’d sooner own a top Linn system than an expensive car and can’t u

Posted Images

I guess my bank account is safe for now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yep and no worried about my Klimax stock being devalued. 

Saying that yesterday I saw a brand new Rolls Royce Phantom Hearse!!! There are people for whom money is no object. This product is for them. 

CJ

• Upvote 1

Well that was a waste of time, looks ok but prefer old model looks however £30k is plain ridiculous, or £15k for the system hub (of course would need to get the organik upgrade in exaktbox so probably another £10k)

I wonder where this is all going, can't see many of these being sold, i know they have to recover R&D costs but i worry for the future of Linn tbh.

Also worry about the future of Akurate - is it going to be scrapped in lieu of Selekt

3 hours ago, Baba Yaga said:

This is the result when a few Scots try to copy Apple...

I did think of Apple when the video started, with the drone swooping in on Gilad!

3 hours ago, Baba Yaga said:

OMG

what an embarrassment. This is the result when a few Scots try to copy Apple...

Basically a Katalyst 2.0 and that they call the next ultimate step in Line with LP12 and CD 12???

I expected to be disappointed but this was much worse than expected...

Frankly speaking, I even found the production of this movie sub par, as compared to what my colleagues in marketing produce when they film customer testimonials. Philbo, and Gilad often looked lost while speaking - probably observing  the other camerawoman?

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Bladvoc said:

Well that was a waste of time, looks ok but prefer old model looks however £30k is plain ridiculous, or £15k for the system hub (of course would need to get the organik upgrade in exaktbox so probably another £10k)

I wonder where this is all going, can't see many of these being sold, i know they have to recover R&D costs but i worry for the future of Linn tbh.

Also worry about the future of Akurate - is it going to be scrapped in lieu of Selekt

I’m currently struggling to see the benefit of the Organik Hub over the Klimax Hub, unless you have a comparable analogue source to plug into it and want to benefit from the new spec ADC. And I’ve probably just answered my own question - it’s aimed at the “Michael Fremer” crowd who would have a really pricey turntable combo rather than an Exakt input from an LP12, but have adopted Exakt otherwise.

’troll

31 minutes ago, TooManyCatweazles said:

Frankly speaking, I even found the production of this movie sub par, as compared to what my colleagues in marketing produce when they film customer testimonials. Philbo, and Gilad often looked lost while speaking - probably observing  the other camerawoman?

I got the impression, they weren’t convinced themselves about their thin story.
Personally I found Phil‘s dress code very casual. You could argue that it neither represented competency or Linn’s values well nor did it express respect for the audience.

6 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

I got the impression, they weren’t convinced themselves about their thin story.
Personally I found Phil‘s dress code very casual. You could argue that it neither represented competency or Linn’s values well nor did it express respect for the audience.

The delivery of Organik cotton polo shirts have obviously been delayed...

’troll

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, MickC said:

I did think of Apple when the video started, with the drone swooping in on Gilad!

In the opening drone sequence my eye was drawn to the bike propped up against the factory wall! Questions may have been asked at Linn HQ to the effect of
"Who left their f***ing bike there for this highly anticipated promo video?!"
As for the rest, I'm so gilad streaming holds no appeal for me! :D

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

I’m currently struggling to see the benefit of the Organik Hub over the Klimax Hub, unless you have a comparable analogue source to plug into it and want to benefit from the new spec ADC. And I’ve probably just answered my own question - it’s aimed at the “Michael Fremer” crowd who would have a really pricey turntable combo rather than an Exakt input from an LP12, but have adopted Exakt otherwise.

’troll

Maybe the 7.1 option?

I assume for the hub there will also be a trade-in, no upgrade?
Not that I‘m interested in either one: with U2 I don‘t need an ADC and I don‘t own Surround or plan to use it and the new box is a no-go. 

Funny how desperately the dealers now try to advertise the new design (look how easy it is to swap cables...). Well, they have to play the cards Linn dealt, what can they do....

• Jail4CEOs2 changed the title to Linn's new Organik DAC